Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 04:56:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: what are you most glad that you added to your coach design and why?  (Read 5001 times)
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:42:47 PM »

For those who are done or nearly so with their build, when you were doing your coach was there anything that you just kind of threw in without knowing if it would be really useful or not that later turned out to be a great idea? If so, what was it? What was your stroke of genius?
What ideas were sort of less than spectacular and aren't really useful after all?

-Dave
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:06:55 PM by Paladin » Logged

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
steve wardwell

73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »

the best for us?   it's the inverter because it will run everything. All but the Ac's, laundry or oven.  We also like the vacuum system........ the worst would be the built in under cabinet coffee pot (doesn't last) or the built in counter blender (just crappy).....fortunately we made those errors in other rigs

Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »

Well for me it was just upgrading to a Air throttle I have owned the Bus for almost 4 years and been fighting the cable pedel for that long . Well couple weeks back I bit the bullett and installed one and Iam hear to tell ya It's better then sleeping on my bed lol I will never own another bus with out one . Grin

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 05:05:46 PM »

My toolbox on slideout and the storage behind it.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »

And the storage behind it...

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »

In our current bus I'm glad the converter added an Aquahot heating system. Three things I didn't like were the washer/dryer combination, the Jennair electric cooktop (two burners and a grill), and the house refrigerator. We removed the washer/dryer, TOO HEAVY, and we didn't use it. We replaced the electric Jennair cooktop (required 240 volt power to operate) with a 4 burner gas cooktop. We still have the house refrigerator and probably will have to keep it since it is centered on a crossways wall between the kitchen and bathroom and there is no good way to vent an RV refrigerator. We do a lot of boondocking and really miss the RV refrigerator we had in our GM 4106.
Good luck, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
cody

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »

Best thing I tossed into the bus was me, when I set off to meet BK, Jack and so many others, I've been to several rallys and met so many great people that I can't think of anything that means more to me than that or that I've enjoyed more than that, each run we make is the best one yet.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 05:54:44 PM »

small refreg in outside bay so drinks are outside..cell phone booster (wireless) -we have verizon broadband and it really boost it.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 06:06:54 PM »

Good question!!  The best item we put in our conversion which was questionable was a trash compactor.  When you are camping those little trash bags accumulate a lot where they turn into a PIA.  Better a trash compactor than a dishwasher.

--Geoff
'82 RTS AZ

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Bill B /bus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 06:21:11 PM »

Ditto on the roll out slide for the tool boxes.

Trace inverter. Man that's nice thing to have. Had an inverter in the first bus but two separate panels. one inverter and one generator/shorepower. Had to remember what powered what and that drove the DW nuts. And quickly.

I did put a lighted switch on the electric supply to the hot water heater. Light on, water cold. She likes that light to out.

We did install a washer and propane dryer stacked. Good guy points for me.

Bill

Bill & Lynn
MCI102A3, Series 50 w/HT70
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »

For now and for obvious reasons, my 24 volt on-board marine battery charger! No more dead batteries after sitting idle for long periods!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 06:28:31 PM »

My Wife...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 07:09:39 PM »

4. Inverter
3. Summit refrigerator
2. Central vac

1, THE MOST IMPORTANT!!! DASH AIR CONDITIONER!!!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »

HWH 4 point hydraulic levelers ,Joey Bed, electric dump valves and 100lb Norcold 12v freezer in a bay

good luck
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:21:10 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:38 PM »

It sounds like inverters pretty much rule the day though I kind of thought they would be standard. things to keep the beers cold seem important too  Grin.

I'm liking the responses, great ideas and indications of priorities and gives the rest us us lagging behind a bit food for thought.

Anyone not wanting their washer\dryer let me know, the boss wants one....if it's cheap.

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: