Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 03:42:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: what are you most glad that you added to your coach design and why?  (Read 5047 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »

Pat, The vac is a great unit, sucks wet or dry and lets me know when it's full. A great investment and you can't hear it in the bay. I just plugged into a receptacle and wired it to a switch by the hose. Thanks for the compliment, it's been a great ongoing experience! Wink

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 10:29:19 AM »

Wow, yall have lots of cool stuff.  From my point of view, in the new bus the best stuff that is a bonus to us is: Front loading washer and dryer, heat in the floors, very large french door refrigerator,  infinity light, and most of all, the trash compactor. That is from a womans view. Ken might have other answers.  Roll Eyes

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 10:30:54 AM »

Im likin the vacuum cleaner Paul! I will absolutely have to incorporate that one, thanks!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »

Pat, The vac is a great unit, sucks wet or dry and lets me know when it's full. A great investment and you can't hear it in the bay. I just plugged into a receptacle and wired it to a switch by the hose. Thanks for the compliment, it's been a great ongoing experience! Wink

Paul

I thought about this, but doesn't the hose take up as much space as a portable vacuum would take?
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 11:22:41 AM »

I bought a garage vac even before I had a bus because I wanted to do one and have been so set on plumbing the intake to a hard line running up to a regular home style receptacle or two in the bus to plug the hose into that I forgot the KISS rule. Doh! just do it like it that!

This is my vac for anyone looking, a great unit from what I've been able to tell so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-L2310-5-Gallon-Garage-Utility/dp/B000289920/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1282847254&sr=8-1

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010, 11:44:20 AM »

We had a Nutone central unit in our Eagle for 20 years and yes the hoses,wands, and if you have the carpet beater attachment they take up room we had a special closet in the bathroom for ours, the best for any bus is hard floors that what we went too very seldom was the vacuum ever use after that it just took up space 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 01:25:08 PM »

#1- Telma Retarder bar none. No more ars clenching on grades, period.
#2 Summit refrig and dedicated inverter
#3 Solar panels and AGM house batteries to power #2

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 01:52:14 PM »

Paul

I thought about this, but doesn't the hose take up as much space as a portable vacuum would take?

I think it's all about what you want/need. I like it because it's easy to use, doesn't take up much room, very powerful and versatile. It came with all kinds of attachments. It actually stores easier than an upright, at least in our case.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 06:43:42 PM »

One of the features I engineered that exceeded my expectations is the twin bunks that slide together to make a queen bed.  It was imperative to me to have overhead storage on each side of the bedroom and a wide aisle in the middle to maneuver around in the bedroom.  You delete both of these with a center-mounted bed.  

I bought two 12v linear actuators from Grainger that slides the bed decks together at the push of a button.  When I go to bed I slide to the middle.  When wifey goes to bed she slides to the middle which docks the mattresses together.  This gives us plenty of room for sleeping and snuggling.   This seems to be one of the features that we talk about the most in the coach, and it is one of the most “oh wow” exclamations we get from those who tour our bus.  The bed decks also lift for storage underneath.

David
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:45:17 PM by David Anderson » Logged
Kenny

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 03:24:56 AM »

David, the twin bunks that slide together, they must be the 36" matresses correct? Where did you buy them or did you make them?
Kenny

1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »

I'm just a little surprised not to see things like backup sensors on front and rear bumpers, forward\down facing cameras and the like. There has been discussions in the past over seeing kids at the bumpers etc.

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »

Those are gimmicks that aren't needed if one uses good driving practices.

I am an old fashioned driver, too busy looking at my mirrors. Looking at a camera monitor only adds more confusion.

Nice to have though to keep an eye on the trailer while going down the highway.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
David Anderson

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2010, 02:33:54 PM »

David, the twin bunks that slide together, they must be the 36" matresses correct? Where did you buy them or did you make them?
Kenny
They are 32" wide.  I had them custom made at R&B Mattress Co in San Antonio.  They can make any size, softness, hardness, you desire.  The only mistake I made was making them too firm.  We added egg crate foam on top to soften them up.  It seems the older I get the softer I want the bed.  My granny had a feather bed when I was young.  That was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in. 

We paid about $100 for each mattress.

David
David Anderson

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »

I'm just a little surprised not to see things like backup sensors on front and rear bumpers, forward\down facing cameras and the like. There has been discussions in the past over seeing kids at the bumpers etc.
I've got a lower rear camera looking straight back and a camera in the pod on the rear cap looking down.  They are very nice to have, but just not my favorite feature of the coach.

David
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2010, 10:54:54 PM »

Big enough inverter, solar panels and batteries. We boondock a lot.

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: