Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 05:35:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Needing youir ideas and or opinions OFF TOPIC  (Read 4508 times)
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »

Ace,

I got another one for you how about "Turbo"  also if you gave him the name "VanHool"  you would be one the only people who could say they were the proud owners of a Prevost & a VanHool.  Think of it you could take your Prevost & your VanHool for a drive at the same time. LOL”  I'm jealous already.

Dean

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 04:47:03 PM »

That's great idea...."Lime".  When we go to Dallas' I'm bringing the Corona's and Ace is bringing the limes and a sharp knife!  Wink

Now back to names for Ace's new friend and companion.  Years ago I had a dog I called "Taisho", which is Japanese for General, because after I got out of service I yearned to be able to tell a General to kiss my butt!  Cheesy

Of all the dogs I've shared my life with...my favortie was a 160 lb Rottie named, "Mister".  He was a gentleman and a bounder at the same time.  His real name was  "Meister Wunderbar" which of course translates to "Mr. Wonderful", which he was.  By using the call name "Mister" it could hold kindness when spoken softly...but when snarled...he sure paid attention.  When we were just playing or affectionate, it was " Mr Puppy" which he endured for over 12 years.

So, my offering is: Mister.

That's my two cents!

Whatever you name him...bond with him quickly and heal the hole in your life, Ace.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 05:04:33 PM »

Alot of thought goes into a name and there are some great ones here. Take your time and see how he acts that my help with the name.

I just hope you can rescue this little fellow He looks like a good boy just needing a chance.

Dale
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 06:46:21 PM »

Yeah, I like Damnit.  Or how about a name we hung on one of ours, who was the best ever, Buhnz.  Our Buhnz was a Norweigan Buhund.  But whatever he is, which looks questionable, I like Buhnz.
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Ace

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 07:38:10 PM »

Thanks guys and gals for all the names you have come up with! It's been fun reading. Since I had Pepper and made many visits to the local Vet's office, I have become friendly on a first name basis with all the girls and staff that work there. Knowing them, I don't think damnit would go over too well f you know what I mean? I like the idea but...

Lime is ok too but I would have to explain WHY too many times and that would drag ME into the story!

Someone emailed me the name "Spade" which kind of clicked and goes with "Ace" but...

"Driver" is good but he will never be allowed to...

"Vears"? I have no cluse as to what a V2 is...

"Turbo" is ok too but just as soon as I start calling him bus parts, I'm sure to break down on the road, WITH HIM!

Japanese Names? Nah, I don't even like Japanese foods! With all due respect to all the Japanese! Same applies to Mexican ames and some Foods!

I like "Diesel" but I'm hoping he won't be as expensive as it really is though I'm prepared top spend whatever it takes just as I would to travel! I'm hoping Diesel comes down!

Can't name him "Ace"! There is only room in the dog house for One of us and I keep it pretty warm!

"Pog" was a good one to start it off but them guys are snobs and I'm hoping I can train this pup to be everything  but that, since he will be attending most rallies I attend!

"Lucky" so far fits him, and I like "Keeper" two more from emails...

Levi and Wranger also fit any cattle dog but I couldn't do that to a good friend like Jack who has helped me look for a dog!

I guess the one that fits the best is wait and see what kind of personality he has and go from there! Heck once we meet up, he might give me some clues as to what he answers to best and since I will be travelling solo from home to  Warner Robbins Ga. where he is now, we will travel West to Columbus, Ga., then off to Montgomery, Al. to spend Sunday together with some friends at the race track! Boy I sure hope he likes travelling! Smiley

Thanks again as it's been a fun evening for Susan and I reading all the replies!

You still have until Saturday and then some I'm sure so if you think of any others keep them coming!

Until then...

Wish me luck!

Ace

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 08:28:47 PM »

Hey Ace,
It don't matter whacha call him as long as he comes when ya call him ! LOL ! OK, well how about WRG (as in "werg" or spell it out W.R.G.) for where yer gett'n him from ! Or howbout "H3" ( & if I gotta explain that I give up ! LOL) or call him "Larry" and be sure to stop in at my uncle & Cusin's place in W.R.G for lunch while yer at it ! The name of it is "Larry's Giant Subs" 3035 Watson Blvd, WRG (Watson is the same as HWY 247, which is also exit 146 off I-75) tell'm Busted Knuckle sent ya! Oh yea back to the FUNNY part as soon as you see who "Larry" is you'll laff too! If ya stop in ask for Gary(my Uncle) Duane (my cusin) or Amy (she'e my cusin-in-law since she married my cusin "tell her like or not we's family and there ain't nothin she can do about it ! She married into it after knowing all of us ! LOL!) BK Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 04:07:55 AM »

Ace how about Traveler since he will be travelling with you to ralleys and all,just a thought  Mike
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 05:31:53 AM »

Prospector?

Kinda goes with Fools Gold.

Or maybe Miner?

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 07:18:11 AM »

A dog with that physique needs something to boost his ego.  How about
Conan
Brutus
Duke
Butkus
Goliath
Colusseus
Kong
Godzilla
Lord Humongous

He needs a good macho name to make him more desirable to the ladies...

Or, in keeping with the "Fools Gold" theme, how about DIGGER?
Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 08:48:10 AM »

Ace- If you look at his ears, they create a V, just like a V-2 that is every Harley-Davidson motorcycle engine made.  So the name Vears.  I thought it was good.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 09:57:29 AM »

Well buddy I have to put in my 2 cents also, here goes.
(1) "Prevo"--for your bus
(2) "Tim"---for his first bus gathering, (Timmonsville).
(3) ("Detroit")--yep, you know why.
(4) ("Diesel")--Yep, you know why and this is my favorite but it's your family friend.  I am sure you  will choose the fitting name after observing how he thanks you for his new loving home.
I have more but you get the idea.  I am almost sure you will come up with one of your own and very fitting. 

We all tried, this was fun getting us all involved like you did.  Oh, why not ("Mack") for the MAK board??  Still trying.

See you later buddy in Timmonsville with your new family friend.
Gary

Gary
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 12:45:30 PM »

Y'know Ace,  the more I look at the little guy the more convinced I am that he's going to show a lot of the Jack Russel traits.  Perhaps you mentioned it in your first of first few posts and I'd forgotten.

They are very active and good scent dogs...might be a problem keeping him home.

FWIW

NCbob

Ace

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 01:16:47 PM »

You guys are too much! I like them all for one reason or another but it's really HIS name and he is the one that will have to like it if you know what I mean! Smiley

I received some other emails and one that I like and to be honest was already thought of before the email was "Spade" which goes with well, Ace! I was surprised to get an email with the same suggestion as what I had thought of but who knows! By Sunday I'm sure I'll know more about him and come up with something that he answers to.

As for Vears and a V2? I never gave the bike thing a thought but your right. It does resemble a V motor on a Harley.

As for the Jack Russel Trait? I'm not sure I mentioned it but a JR was my second choice of dog. My first choice was, which is what this one is listed as, is a Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler MIX. NOT a pure bred Heeler. They tend to have longer coats and bluer/brown/black patchy looking brindle colors.  It's hard to explain but they have a look all their own! The mix breeds have the same colors but you never know how or where the colors end up as in this dogs case. He's mostly white with a LOT of black speckles and an obvious  black mask.  They can have red (brown) patches and speckles, Black patches with speckles, or even just one solid color. The Heeler breed is a very smart breed and trains well. They are good watch dogs and good around kids. Sometimes too good as some have told me they had to get rid of the dog because it kept herding the kids by nipping at thier heels, hence the Heeler name!

This HAS been fun and I can't wait to see if I get him or not. I'll know more Saturday and I'll post ASAP!

Thanks again guys! This has meant a lot to me!

Ace

NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 01:48:19 PM »

You're right Ace, the Blue Heeler was not a breed I was familiar with but I am a bit more now..

They've got the same ear set as the Jack's and the picture of him showed him a bit bigger than his companion and that should have told me something.  Russels are small dogs and from what I've seen of them without a strong hand can be a PIA.

But whatever he is I feel confident that this will be a great pairing.  We'll look forward to seeing you and him in October!

NCbob

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 03:16:29 PM »

Ace,
    Heelers are white/gray when born and darken to the classic blue heeler or red heeler color as they grow up.  This pup MIGHT darken as he grows.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: