Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 10, 2017, 04:34:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Southern Oregon Diesel, aka known as Camp Gregory  (Read 1881 times)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »

Just left there this morning after spending 3 days there getting some work done on my 5A.  Dennis and David are great folks and so is John who did the work on my bus. He didn't even mind me asking a few questions about what he was doing!  Grin  We had a lot of time to drive around the area on the back roads and really like the area around Roseburg. Usually we are just passing through on our way north or south so only see it from the freeway. I know that i join many other people that are happy with them working on their rigs. If i am in the area and need work done i know where to go. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 08:39:51 PM »

We had the same experience in June. Great place, great people, great area...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 09:51:07 PM »

We like it, too. John has done some of our work, as well.

We would stop there more often, but we haven't gone through that area much in recent times. We'll be back again, when time permits.

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 05:30:30 AM »

When we go that route in the spring we are usually in a hurry to get north and go to work and in the fall we are headed south trying to stay ahead of the weather. Smiley  This year we have plenty of time to wander around and look at places that we have passed by before and said that we would like to spend some time at.  Got the time, just don't have much money. Smiley  Usually its, got the money, don't have the time. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Islanddad

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 11:56:03 AM »

Just bought a 1965 MCI 5A from David @ Southern Oregon Diesel. He was selling it for a daughter of a friend who recently passed. I live in Sarasota, Florida....about as far away as you can be from Oregon. I've got to say it was the BEST buying experience of my life. David Gregory is an absolute outstanding man and was far beyond helpful. The bus made it back from Oregon using one and half quarts of oil !!! (3200 miles). I must mention David had taken care of the bus for the last ten, or so, years and even done the 6v92ta/ Allisson conversion. Bus got almost 8 mpg. Bottomline the finest bunch of guys, and incredibly knowlegable in the bus world. God Bless em !!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »

I might as well be the one to be different about David and I have knew him for years just keep dealing with him he will get into your wallet,lot of us it has happen too he cost me over over 4000 grand on a repair he done that was wrong I will say Dennis wanted to do right by me but not even a phone call from David so now I don't do business with him and won't go to his rally any longer,that just one story

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
RJ
Angola Coach Conversion "Aesop's Tortoise"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 03:01:37 PM »

Islanddad -

Is the MCI you purchased from David the tan/white unit?

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 1978 MC-5C Converted
6V71/MT-644
S14947 1980 MC-5C Shell
6V92/HT-740
Cheney WA
Islanddad

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 09:01:22 AM »

....No tan on the exterior...just stainless and white skins over some windows...has front and rear roof caps...all oak interior....you know this bus..?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: