Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 05:14:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another member says good bye  (Read 4732 times)
cody

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 06:22:10 AM »

( frank pays me $4.37 a month to pick on BK and Nick, he used to pay me almost 6 dollars but Obama reduced his advisory fee and now he only pays me $4.37, I'm hoping for a raise but I understand that it's difficult for frank being a secret squirrel advisor to obama while owning a bus.)( I think frank is muslim, I've seen him on his knees bowing towards mecca, I'm sure it was mecca but it might have been bobbing for spare ribs in a vat of BBQ sauce too, I can't be possitive, don't tell anyone) shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 06:33:30 AM »

My Mom would put a stop to bickering about others with this statement!  There is so much good in the worst of us and so much bad in the best of us it behooves none of us to speak ill of the rest of us!  Quite often just before go and get Me a switch!  Regards John L
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 06:49:57 AM »

Switch sounds softer than my ma's wooden spoon....you were a lucky what with the warning quote and all, 'round my house the spoon was stirring the pot one second and the next..BAM!

uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »

Cody   I am upset,  Frank has never paid me for telling on you and bk.

uncle ned

still don't know what happened to the spare parts off his bus or the for sale sign.

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 09:29:37 AM »

I got a metal spatula...or a yard stick, whatever she was working with at the time. You learned to stay at least 3' from mom when you were being bad and run really fast. That way she would quit and dad would come and it was much less severe.
I'm a fast runner and I don't like people close to me!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:33:38 AM by Paladin » Logged

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 10:52:31 AM »

Re: Another member says good bye
Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 01:02:17 PM    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For my part I wholly agree with his point in theory but also the approach was overly strong and doggedly pursued seemingly with the intent on making positive that all would bend to it before he was done.  When that didn't happen he takes his ball and goes home. Well, fine go, I'm very sorry to see anyone leave but if this forum turns to a place where people are ridiculed for sharing a story or an idea even a wrong one then I'll leave. Everyone has a right to a position and a opinion but at some point you just have to let the dog rest. You just cannot force your will on other adults here and then storm off when others disagree with your being in their face.

To me it was all in approach, I usually read nearly all of the posts here and stay neutral 99% of the time even in some doozies but I get sick and tired of people telling me how I will do things according to them even if they make sense. I've been told that if I don't buy brand new tires and even brand X tires then I have no right to own a coach, I've been told that if I don't have a CDL then I have no business behind the wheel, I've been told that if I don't have a large bank roll for any unexpected problems then I have no business owning a bus. All of these by people in this forum! Everyone has to start somewhere sometime and I thought this was a place to come to learn and gain support, not be battered. I've been told many things by many people over the years. You may give me suggestions and apply logic to back it up but like others, I don't respond well to nagging ,force, micromanaging or berating.  I've come a long ways since I first began lurking years ago and then joined but I would have quit or never joined if this was the atmosphere.

I still say that I sincerely hope that all involved will chill out and take a breath, it's just not that important really. You reach those you can with your message (I sound like a religious nut now) and the rest will do as they please. Telling people that they are unwelcome to drive on the same road as you or stay in the same campground as you if they don't toe your line is just idiocy and immature. Chill out, drink a beverage , take a day or three and come back when you're calm and can play better with others. Seriously! 
no harm, no foul, just a lesson on how to speak to others even when you are right in principle.

P.S

Obviously I'm speaking interchangeably of multiple parties.

I completely agree. Thank you for your eloquence.

My feeling is also that he came off too heavy handed and insulting which sets people off. Including me. When I get pushed, right or wrongly, I push back. It's human nature. And, you can see how much BG6 likes to be pushed by his posts. He should understand that more than most.
Safety is paramount. Period. But you get more Flys with honey than vinegar. Sweeten it up and we will be "all good". It all just comes down to being/keeping your cool. If you want to get into somebodies face, expect a fight. It's human nature. This isn't the Military. (been there, done that)

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »

The poor lad simply asked a question, maybe his solution wasn't hat everyone would have chosen , however he did get on here and ask for help. If I felt this board is here to let people like me be told, rather than helped I helped I wouldn't want to be here. So therefore whatever, people want to leave beacause their mad, so be it. I'm glad moose is still around, sure he feels like we're all idiots with big heads. I'm sure there are very few of us that have compromised safty in some form.

Have Fun!!
Grant
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2010, 01:35:40 PM »

If I become inSALTed, does that make me a seasoned veteran?  ( I can't believe I sunk that low, I'm incredibaly bored this morning I guess, sorry peoples)

It's not properly seasoned without pepper and garlic!
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »

Oh, and I'm also going to get my HF air compressor installed in the bay and connected into the air system, so I can avoid the high shipping charges on that spare!
This was way too funny. 

Did this belong in the last thread  about air compressors or does this whole thread belong in the air compressor thread. I'm confussed I guess. Three pages here and six there and a few posts in the last person quitting thread. Hard to keep up with all the different threads about the same things. 

Have to agree on many posts here about the way things are posted. I would guess most that take on a bus and or a conversion are the type of people that don't like to be told what to do. Other wise we would have bought an over price S&S that was built by a manufacture for the purpose of being a Motorhome. Instead we all become mechanic, carpenter, plumber,electrician, engineer, and need to try to follow all the rules that don't always make sense. I am glade to have knowledgeable people helping me learn to function in all of the above career fields. I don't need anyone making me feel stupid for my innocent posts. Hope all that leave come back to play ball it is more fun that way.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 02:26:50 PM »

This will always work it's self out in time. Why I remember it was just 15 months ago Brian posted this (his 4th post)

1412       Bus Discussion / All Topics ( click here for quick start! ) / Re: MC-5C empty weight       on: May 27, 2009, 05:34:42 AM
Thanks to everybody, and thanks for the welcome.  I will confess that this is about the scariest thing I've done so far, and that includes building and driving racing cars! The learning curve is steep, but I am taking a whole lot of comfort from knowing that all of you have managed to make it work - if you can, I can!

I too, have asked a whole lot of ?'s, and have learned quite a lot in the short time We have been doing this. It is a shame to see that now you would question the very Seasoned Veterans in whom you had once trusted with confidence for the knowledge that you seeked out.

Now I have heard just about every BDAR story( For those non-military, it stands for Battle damage,Assessment & Repair...Get it fixed safely, any way any how, and get it and your team outta harms way) Even the one about a bus nut who rode in the spare tire compartment of a buddy's bus to operate a busted throttle cable so's to get said bus home Shocked Grin Grin. I thought to my self, now that takes balls, backed up by alot of experience, and definitely not a novice but that seasoned veteran of which I spoke. Time to reflect, take a breath, give it time, and quite givin the old guy's a hard time Wink, it gives them gas, and then we all suffer Grin Grin All the best, from out West Wink Van.  
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:30:02 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
cody

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 02:49:30 PM »

I want you all to know that I do, in fact, know everything, I know it all, I just can't remember any of it. Grin Grin Grin Huh
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2010, 02:51:24 PM »

Are you sure! Grin Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2010, 02:55:57 PM »

I just wish that if we are going to fight, we do it about important crap like religion and politics.  Arguing about compressors is silly.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »

I just wish that if we are going to fight, we do it about important crap like religion and politics.  Arguing about compressors is silly.

Len,

This is the compressor arguing board..... Lips Sealed

Religon and politics are for the OT board.... Tongue

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: