Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 07:09:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **** -- I'm out of here too Edited by moderator  (Read 6605 times)
BG6

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2010, 06:12:58 PM »

All this time, I thought the other people in here were people like me.  Now it is clear that I've become unpopular for not patting an idiot on the back for having been lucky enough not to kill anyone for 1200 miles.

Stay away from me if your rig won't pass DOT.  Don't come up and say hi to me at a rest area, don't park next to me at a campground -- in fact, don't even come into any campground that I might be at, it's hard enough to get most of these places to let conversions in in the first place.  Drive around in the eastern half of the country and have fun, but if you're satisfied rolling around in a 30,000 pound rig which won't even pass the very basic minimum standards of safety, I would just as soon not have anything to do with you -- or have anyone associate me with you -- and I sure as hell don't want you on any of the mountain roads around here, especially if my lady is on that road too.

I'm gone.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 12:27:29 PM by JackConrad » Logged
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »

I understand and have had the same feelings...have taken a break before..some times you need to walk away..I am sure the non posting visitors and members have learned from the air post...to make it clear I use my aux air when parked only to maintain coach air to operate doors and air bags...safe bussing        Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 06:49:13 PM »

I guess now is not a good time to  say I rebuilt my brake valve using paper mache and chocolate pudding.  It's all I had on hand and I figured once the chocolate dried up it would get all sticky and hold everything together.  Worked pretty well for the 1st 1000 miles but then I parked overnight at a rest area and ants climbed aboard and started crawling all over the "rebuilt" brake valve.  They didn't seem to be doing any harm so I kept on driving.  Well about half an hour later I saw an aardvark hitchhiking and I figured "what the hell I've never spent any quality time with an aardvark " so I pulled over and  gave him a lift.  Wouldn't you know it he had some kind of sixth sense and tuned right in on the ants on the brake valve, and before I could say anything he was licking away with that long tickly tongue of his.  Well it was pretty hard to concentrate on driving with  the tickling I was getting and soon I was swerving all over the road.  Eventually I pulled over onto the shoulder before anyone got hurt.  
   As I stepped down to get a breath of fresh air and watch the satiated aardvark waddle off without so much as a "thanks for the lift" I noticed something was horribly wrong with the bus...my cheap  air cooled generator which powers my AC units when I am OTR  had caught fire.  I don't know how this could have happened as I had built a quiet box out of spray foam and plywood for it and there was no way for air to get in that box.   Fortunatly I had not yet bolted the generator down ( I had only installed it 5 years ago)  so it was easy to pull the burning box out of the bay and disaster was averted.  All this to say I'm glad I used that chocolate pudding fix otherwise I would never have stopped and noticed the fire in time to save the bus.

cody

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 06:51:35 PM »

I'm scared now, I understood that.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 06:56:05 PM »

I got one better than that! I REALLY did install (hung) my black/grey tank from the main frame which is under my floor. Now those of you that were here when I did this install surely remember the flack I got for doing that! Remember how it was going to sling out the bay door from all the sloshing of the crap that was in it while going down the interstate and kill innocent people? Oh there was even a seminar on my install at Bussin 04 or 05 I think!  Roll Eyes

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »

Ace as odd as it is I DO remember that --- If I remember right it was the first days of armmegeddon or the last days of the revelation --- didn't you also drive a bus using an air compressor ON THE ROAD???--- good to see you posting here again.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »

Some people need to GROW UP and realize it is not you're place to save the world.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
Ray D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »

If I hang on and be the last member left, will I get a free magazine subscription?Huh
Ray D

P.S.  Oh well, 2012 is almost here anyway..........
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 07:50:33 PM »

Ray if you are the LAST member I will PERSONALLY buy you a subscription

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
steve wardwell

73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »

OK beers round the horn on me! the light of day will reveal our truth's and all our misdeeds shall pass by morn! ...oops sorry ray

Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »

i'm sure that none of these fellows who are getting their undy's in a bunch and "i'm takin' my ball and going home" have NEVER EVER done anything even remotely questionable when they were a newbie?  never done anything that they wished they hadn't in hind site?  any thing you do in life has a margin for error.  a learning curve.  i'm sure glad my folks didn't just send me packin' and tell me they didn't want me around when i was a kid making mistakes and learning life's lessons the hard way.  sure glad i didn't tell you all about the time i drove 5000 miles using my towed to push the bus cause the transmission went out.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 08:19:01 PM »

i'm sure that none of these fellows who are getting their undy's in a bunch and "i'm takin' my ball and going home" have NEVER EVER done anything even remotely questionable when they were a newbie?  never done anything that they wished they hadn't in hind site?  any thing you do in life has a margin for error.  a learning curve.  i'm sure glad my folks didn't just send me packin' and tell me they didn't want me around when i was a kid making mistakes and learning life's lessons the hard way.  sure glad i didn't tell you all about the time i drove 5000 miles using my towed to push the bus cause the transmission went out.

You really do that?  Is it possible I am not the only one indulging in a little hyperbole and  bathos?

thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 08:21:54 PM »

You really do that?  Is it possible I am not the only one indulging in a little hyperbole and  bathos?

of coarse i did!  that's probably not as bad as the time i tied my miniature pincher to the front bumper and made him pull me through three states though when i lost the driveline that was 'fixed' with duct tape and baby food jars.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 06:34:09 AM »

of coarse i did!  that's probably not as bad as the time i tied my miniature pincher to the front bumper and made him pull me through three states though when i lost the driveline that was 'fixed' with duct tape and baby food jars.

In recent history (last 10 yr) there was an outfit that had heavy duty trucks rigged to hookup to a disabled bus. The driver controlled the truck by remote control, the truck supplied the air and power for the bus and was controlled from the bus drivers seat. Somebody posted the link, it may still be in the archives.

ps  The driver was forbidden to pickup Ardvarks!      JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 06:41:38 AM »

don't let the door hit you on the way out........

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: