Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 04:47:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **** -- I'm out of here too Edited by moderator  (Read 6616 times)
Kevin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 01:24:14 PM »

Well Zub,

Way to stir up the Sh*! Pot!

I think some folks (myself incuded) are inclined to do whatever it takes in order to: 1) Get the damn thing home (or off to the beach Cheesy) within reason, safety-wise speaking, 2) Do it themselves, as in not paying for something that might otherwise have been accomplished (albeit perhaps in an unorthodox manner) one's self without undue risk to one's or another's life and limb) 3) Take pride in having accomplished some type of (hopefully) clever and resourceful repair in a day and age when quite possibly the majority of folks would simply never dare to, or even have the slightest inkling of what it might take...

Interesting topic that I for one enjoyed. There is opportunity to learn new things in life every day. It is not all black and white. There is mostly gray and that is the most interesting area to explore.

Not sure what I'm trying to say here...  guess I mean that obviously none of us here has the desire to do anything unduly foolish or dangerous, and surely no one wishes to cause harm to another. On the other hand, this doesn't mean that we cannot be handy and inventive when the situation calls for it. Crazy-risky is right out, obviously, but I didn't get that while reading these posts. Well, maybe one or two, in terms of crawling under an unsecured bus, but that limits the risk to self and not others, so that's a personal choice. Been there, done that.  Shocked

Anyway, good stuff. You guys are absolutely hilarious too! Glad to have found this board.

Cheers!

"To the gov!!!"
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2010, 02:34:47 PM »

Well Zub,

Way to stir up the Sh*! Pot!

If I'm responsible for anything it's only the last 2 pages of this thread...I  would never drive more than 500 miles using my HF compressor for air and pedaling a bicycle to supply it with current. I might drive further if I had an automatic, but with a crash box, 500 miles is the absolute limit for a responsible safety conscious person. Smiley

steve wardwell

73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2010, 03:09:16 PM »

Right! 500 miles as long as that gets you home.  OR 550, or 582,  or 605..... or   ?

Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%
Kevin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »

Whoops!

I assumed (never a safe thing to do!) that this whole thread was based on yours regarding "Get 'er home, etc." My mistake.

Actually this occured to me when I realized (after I'd posted) that his was an entirely different thread. No offense please, and long live the '04!!!

"To the gov!!!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: