Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 08:12:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cold air escape holes  (Read 615 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2010, 06:31:07 PM »

After reading about sealing off a bus air escape holes I have been kinda poking around and man what a big difference.  I have discovered a huge hole and it has been right under my nose the whole time.  Under the dash panel above the foot pedals is open.  Seems o me it was built that way.  Well I can stick my hand from the side door where the electric panel is and reach all the way up to my gauges on the dash board.  For clarity I can stand on the outside of the bus and reach in the electrical door all the way to the speedometer.  I always wondered how I could be sweating while my toes were frozen.  It has been sucking out the cold air.

So I go digging some more and find another hole under the fridge.  It has been half arsed sealed with bubble wrap but not near enough.  I intend to empty the bays and use 3/4 foam to insulate the floor (the ceiling in the bays).  I think by tracking down the holes I can make it really cold int he bus while driving.

I stuffed a towel under the dash and sealed it off before we left on Friday.  Just the towel alone made a huge difference in the temps while we were driving.  The last thing I will do is lift the bed and screw down foam board over the engine compartment.  It gets hot back there while driving.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:03:44 PM »

i imagine that holds true of heat loss in the colder months?  my hand will not reach to the speedometer, but i know there's a lot of air holes.  maybe i should fill a few like you, come to think of it.
good idea! thanks

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: