Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:07:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help with Water Pump ???  (Read 1050 times)
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2006, 04:03:46 PM »

We need to go and help some people this weekend and I went to the bus and tried all the systems and I have no water from the faucets. My water pump is a Flojet (http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=13247&src=SRQB) and is hooked to a fuse and then to a convertor. The convertor runs all the time while the bus is pluged in or under generator power supplying constant 12 volt power to the pump and a few 12 volts lights. That's all.

Even though the pump states that it can be run dry I think that it may have been run dry for a while. I made sure I had 12 volt power running to the pump. I could hear what I thought was the pump running, I quickly went around to that side and the pump had turned off. I waited a little bit and I could hear it try to come back on but it never spins on all the way. I checked the 12 volt there and I have power to the pump.

Is it safe to say that the pump is fryed? Tongue  I have looked for a pump at Camping World and I it looks like I can buy the entire unit for less than just a pump would cost.

Any suggestions?? Any comments? Please don't call me a dummy for leaving the pump on, my wife has taken care of that part enough already today.

I have no provision for a city water hook-up, and since we are going away this weekend and there is city water hook-up available I think I should plumb something in. Does anyone have any input on that??

I know it's a lot of questions but we have a chance to help create a dying  persons last wish by building a deck for him to watch sunsets on. Of course it's volunteer work. But we also need to be somewhat comfortable.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Siegel

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
wrench

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 04:15:16 PM »

The converter should be hook to a battery bank as the batt is needed to control the voltage, otherwise spike up to 20+ V. can fry the pump or other comportments.  There is a micro switch behind a small piston/diaphram acting as a pressure switch, If it been on too long it may be fryed (the switch).  Make sure you got water going to the pump.
       good luck   wrench
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 06:10:53 PM »

Hey Dave, take the hose off the output side of the pump or even just crack it loose and try it again. sometimes it gets air bound These pumps wont pull air either make sure you have water to the pump. Good luck. I figure your on your way up to Waldo to scout the mystery bus. Hope your knee is back in shape. Dave

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
bernie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 09:19:40 PM »

hey dave
the seal in the pump may have gone bad,thats what happened to mine and the pump froze up
if the pump is getting old, bite the bullit and get a new one
good luck
       Bernie
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 03:08:38 AM »

Thanks guys for some good info. Jack I would like to talk to you more about a couple of batteries and a charger, DMOEDAVE thanks for the air block tip and we are going up to just north of Lake Placid to really help some guy build a last wish deck, besides one silversides is enough, Thanks Bernie, I think  will have to put a new pump in.

By the way I did install a city water inlet so at least this weekend I'll be able to plug into a hose for water.

Thanks again everyone.

Dave

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: