Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 07:00:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should RV's Require DOT Stuff  (Read 6613 times)
cody

« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »

Brian, what I'm saying is I know how to check my brakes and do so often, I don't need a law that mandates a brake check, give a person credit for having enough common sence to keep their investment operating correctly, if a person needs a law to require them to do so then possibly they shouldn't own a bus.  We have too many foolish laws that arn't enforced now, we don't need more.  It's like requiring under penalty of law to check your rear view mirror at 15 second intervals, as a matter of common sence and safe driving practice, we should check often and not because it's a law. If people honestly feel that we need more laws, then they should be writing their legislators and helping author the bills to enact more laws in as many areas as they feel are lacking in proper legislative control.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:07:25 PM by cody » Logged
blank

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2010, 05:22:30 PM »

Personally I feel that there are enough laws to protect me from myself now, I believe I'm intelligent enough to know if I step on the brake pedal and the bus keeps going that I will realize I need to work on my brakes, I'm also smart enough to know if I get in a bike

A scenario like this is the exact reason why the government would want to regulate RVs.

Curious if you even read the link I posted to the NHTSA report. Busses are among the least likely vehicles to be involved in accidents, and of those, the vast majority of busses involved in accidents were School Busses and Public Transit busses. The busses we are involved with here, conversions, are such a low percentage to really be of no concern. Seriously, there were more fatalities (22) involving construction equipment, than the 15 involved with non commercial Busses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: