Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 06:08:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best route through Baltimore...  (Read 1235 times)
Ross

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2006, 09:28:21 PM »

I'm trying to fing the best route through Baltimore.  Looks like the two more convenient routes go through either the Harbor Tunnel or the Fort McHenry Tunnel.  Has anyone gone through the tunnels with a bus?  Can you go through with propane?  Is there an accepable amount of propane or is it prohibited in any amount.  If I can't go through the tunnels, whats the best route.  I'll be gong from Lukes place in Berlin, NJ to NC/SC (I95).

Thanks...Ross
DC_Bus_Nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:37:26 PM »

Straight down 95 South. Don't do it around rush hour though or you will really be screwed! Most direct and the Harbor Tunnel has 4 lanes. Propane...no worries.Safe travels & combust as much diesel as possible.
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 09:45:14 PM »

Ross, I always come right down the middle and stay on I-95. Been through the tunnel a bunch. Blessings. Charlie B.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 04:09:44 AM »

Ross,

I just came through the harbour tunnel last thursday with my bus and the jeep holding onto the rear.  7:00pm and very light traffic.

My toll was 8.00

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 06:26:40 AM »

Ross,

I just came through the harbour tunnel last thursday with my bus and the jeep holding onto the rear.  7:00pm and very light traffic.

My toll was 8.00

Nick-

Did you have propane on board Nick?
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 06:54:12 AM »

If you are heading south take 95 south.. where highway splits Annapolis--Baltimore route toward Annapolis..Harbor Tunnel to the Baltimore Wash Parkway abot 15 miles then back onto 95 south.  Fort McHenry is newer with wider lanes, but Harbor is less congested and more direct.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 08:56:25 AM »

Ross,
No LP on board here!  But they don't check for it anyway, the toll is after the tunnel.
Nick-

Ross,

I just came through the harbour tunnel last thursday with my bus and the jeep holding onto the rear. 7:00pm and very light traffic.

My toll was 8.00

Nick-

Did you have propane on board Nick?

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: