Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 05:24:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DD parts source  (Read 1061 times)
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:26:51 PM »

where is a good source for parts and gaskets for the DD 8V71?  MCI doesn't seems to have most of the gaskets i need.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:12 PM »

Should be able to get them at any Detroit Allison dealer.
I've never had any problems with 2 stoke parts there.
HTH...Tim

Cawston, British Columbia
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:13:37 AM »

Derick, depends where you are located Stewart and Stevenson in NM ,W.W.Williams in AZ or give Don Fairchild a call and if you don't know what the gasket is called describe it to him and he will send what ever you need 1-661-391-4520 if you need very many buy a set they cost money when buying individual gaskets.
If you need a shop Geoff is located in Prescott Valley south of Flagstaff off I 17

good luck
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:35:38 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 06:26:28 AM »

I have heard the name Don Fairchild several times in the bus world, i need to get a notebook for this kind of thing and get in the habit of writing these things down when i come across them.  Good info to have when the need arises.  I have a friend in Fernley NV who is a heavy equipment mechanic who has worked on all kinds of diesels over the years but not much with detroits.  He is going to help me do the blower R&R.  His neighbor (2 blocks away) is a retired DD mechanic and he is going to "supervise" the project.  He got in a wreck a couple years ago and can't really do much physically any more but he is sharp as a tack, so I am told.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 06:38:01 AM »

Derick, here is a good online supplier for aftermarket parts and rebuilt parts and they even have photos lol www.dieselpro.com they are easier to deal with than PC Industries

good luck

thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:00 AM »

Derick, here is a good online supplier for aftermarket parts and rebuilt parts and they even have photos lol www.dieselpro.com they are easier to deal with than PC Industries

good luck

PC Industries?  would that be Don Fairchild?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 06:44:46 AM »

No Derick PC industries is a big supplier of aftermarket parts in Wy  Don owns a shop in Bakersfield Ca

good luck

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: