Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 01:53:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody ever been turned away from an rv park because of your bus?  (Read 4234 times)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 08:15:14 PM »

Bungies are very High Tech Redneck!!!

Tom I am familiar with the area you are talking about at Half Moon Bay! I used to have a 27' motorhome and spent a lot of time on 101 and 1 Ive read about skoolis having problems in many campgrounds and with insurance, it seems to be a stereotype from the 60s hippy days. Im glad you ended up in such a great place afterall!!!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 12:35:39 AM »

Most folks can't tell my bus was ever a skoolie, but one of my buddy's down in Bayou LaBatre, Alabama told me it reminded him of the bookmobile.

Then there was the Waffle House waitress in Longmont, Colorado who nearly burst into tears when I rolled up about 3am on my way home to the high plains.
I had just cleared the door when she said out loud..."That looks just like the bus that took my son to prison!"

Jeez...no wonder I've been parked for 10 months.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 08:00:20 AM »

I pulled into a "RV Resort" across the Miss. river at Natchez.  I was inside checking in with a young female clerk. On the wall was a big sign saying no RV'S over 10 years old.

As I was checking in she came to a line that said what kind of rv did I have. So i said a  35 ft. GM. She asked several time and about that time the manager came in and said "That is the nicest motor home I have ever seen". That was the end of the questions.  It is a 1953 4104.

Never did tell that it was a 55 years old.  Had a nice stay untill I found out that I could have stayed on the other side for free at the welcome center.

Uncle Ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 08:12:38 AM »

Never did tell that it was a 55 years old.  Had a nice stay until I found out that I could have stayed on the other side for free at the welcome center.
Uncle Ned

Ned,

You and Wilma are always Welcome at our private Resort and for FREE.

We even put in a special 15 amp plug to keep the fire down from these Ole Rigs.... Wink   Grin

30 or 50 is available with proof of a fire extinguisher.

No one can say I discriminate.....I let Kyle stay here once.... Tongue

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 08:30:38 AM »

Ned,

They wouldn't have let us in.  If asked, I say my MC5a is a 1997 model.  That would make is 13 years old.  I can't seem to call it a 2001.  I feel changing centuries would be deceptive.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »

Cliff 

Always look forward to seeing you and the gang. Could bring your neighbor a new project .
Harry i think was name,  enjoyed the stay. Will still trade sam for your son.  even. love kids

Hope to be down this year. After jacks rally.  will it be okay if i bring bob back.

Talked to him last week and he was freezing, down to 45 degrees.  Has Florida blood in him now.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: