Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 10:32:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water pump problem! Might want to check yours!  (Read 880 times)
5B Steve

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:07:51 PM »

Hello everyone,

Thought I would share this with everyone.  I posted A few days ago about my friends water hose problem (water pump)then

I check mine , only to find that I too had some leaking hoses.  I changed them several times in the last 4 days ,there was a

small drip at the top  that I couldn"t  stop. Put some rubber sealant around all hose opening, still a small drip.  Removed the

hoses again, put a larger PLUG (like the one where you put the oil in the engine) in the bottom of the water pump (left side)

Refilled it with water this time, guess what!  still leaking.  Put my hand around the backside of the water pump, Water was

seeping from where the Casting of the pump was made.  Question I have, has this happened to anyone, and I assume that I

have to replace the pump.   What would cause this? corrosion, bad antifreeze.

Steve5B.....

Steve  5
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »

Those water pumps are design to leak out the back when the seal is failing it has a double casting with a weep to keep the coolant from entering the engine.
It won't be the casting pay close attention when installing a new pump the gear lash has to be set follow the instructions.

good luck
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:54:31 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
LUKE at US COACH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:20:01 AM »

Hi Steve & Folks:

On your MCI it is an easy task to replace the seal in the water pump while on the coach, at a considerable cost saving over replacing the pump.  We have the seal and gasket and in stock.  We do this change out in our shop quite frequently.

If you give us a call, we can walk you through the procedure.

I Hope this HELPS!!!

Happy & SAFE!! Bussin' to ALL.

LUKE at US COACH
888-262-2434

LUKE at US COACH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: