Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 01:03:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiator Mist Cooling System  (Read 12348 times)
Burgermeister

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2006, 07:37:27 PM »

Aaaaaaauuuggghhh!

After you attended the "All you never wanted to know about Cooling Systems and were afraid to Ask" seminar?

What didn't I communicate?

Onward and Upward

Marc Bourget
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2006, 04:27:41 AM »

Marc,

Did you ever find the water pump you are looking for???

Dale
Burgermeister

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2006, 09:11:03 AM »

No, I haven't.   I need to do further research.  I understand that there's a different rotation/configuration of one pump used to reverse the "standard" direction of coolant flow - from "block to heads" to from "heads to block".  The brief explanation was flow reversal, which I understood could be obtained from a LH engine, more particularly a LH marine engine.

Now have to dig deeper!

Thanks for asking
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2006, 09:24:52 AM »

Marc,

Thought I was on to something, but it turned out a dead. Undecided  It has to a marine application, I just haven't found it yet.

I'll keep looking as I am very interested in this idea. I believe "heads to block" could be interesting.

Dale
Burgermeister

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2006, 09:34:29 AM »

It's more than "interesting"  it is the best cooling config developed for the DD 2 strokes.  Used in Military applications.  I'll be working up the mods for my 8V92. 

The mods will go a long way towards remedying MCI's failure to design their cooling system to DD specs (if not eliminate it)
busboy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »

When I was having radiator cooling problems I set out to build a mister system which I did.  I found some brass misters at Home Depot that are used for porch mist systems.  I used 3/8 copper tubing to plumb them together...did this because I had to route the water from the rear half bath thru the engine compartment(Hot).  I have 5 misters.  Used a manual ball valve which one of the kids can turn on from the rear restroom.  Have not used it since I got a new radiator.  When I did use it, I did notice that some water that we took on left lots of deposits, most of which I could spray off before I left to get back on the road the next day.  On a typical day of driving I would use about 20-25 gallons of water.
Happy Trails,
Brent
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: