Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 07:35:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found my bus, but what is it?  (Read 3562 times)
truck26

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2006, 06:52:12 AM »

Gentlemen
I found my bus, but I have no idea what and how old, it has been RV-ed, but the outside looks "original". Any pictures available? I "want" this bus for some stupid reason and even my wife agrees, so while the iron is hot  Grin
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stovebolter_1926/album?.dir=/a3dfscd
Thanks for any hints and/or answers.

Richard
Alberta, Canada
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 06:57:04 AM »

Probably better experts than I am, but my guess is that you have discovered a 1940s Beck.

--Charles Seaton
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 07:00:05 AM »

All I can say is that it is COOL  Cool

Good lock with it. It won't have any problems that can't be solved with enough cash, time, & talent.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 07:02:02 AM »

YES

Cool looking Bus

and Kyle is right nothing that time and money won't fix.

You can always borrow some talent from the neighbors or mechanic down the street.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 07:08:59 AM »

Altho the windshields look like those found on Aerocoaches, I don't think it is one.

Based on where you found it, it could be an early MCI or maybe a Western Flyer, both Canadian-built.

It's definitely late 1940s vintage, tho.

If you can get inside, you'll probably find a builder's plaque somewhere that will help solve the mystery.  If you can't get inside, maybe a ladder, a very strong flashlight and a telephoto lens on the camera?

Interesting find!    Cool

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
truck26

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 08:06:32 AM »

You're fast, thanks, I'll snoop the brands and see if.. I'll keep you posted on any progress there

Richard
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:13:17 AM by truck26 » Logged
Casper4104

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 08:54:50 AM »

It is a big steaming pile of insanity with a wheel on each corner,  hand hammered from Unobtanium by druidic artisans long departed from this earthly plane.

It is like a beautiful but insane woman, desirable in spite of and because of her insanity.  She will make you cry sometimes, but when all is well she'll make you feel things you've never felt before.  Ask me how I know.

Welcome aboard.

Casper

(Sorry guys, I get philosophical on Fridays.  I had a great weekend in my bus last weekend, but also got reminded of all the little things I need to do).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 08:56:35 AM by Casper4104 » Logged

If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 09:39:28 AM »

I am going to go with what RJ Long that it's not a Aerocoach but I am going to say it's a Western Flyer what model I am not sure of.
Built in Winnipeg Manitoba.
jlv
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 10:07:58 AM »

Ok Folks the question is solved.
Per the book by William A.Luke & Brian Grams- Busses Of Motor Coach Industries 1932-200 Photo Archive.
On page 21 shows a MCI Courier 200B 1949 model that was operated by Eastern Canadian Greyhound Lines.
It had a rear engine Continental 6 cylinder gas engine.
So it's a grandaddy to the MC-9's.
jlv
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 10:53:21 AM »

My friend, you will have a treasure when you finish it.  I can just imagine that beauty rolling down the highway with good paint and working lights.  You must keep us posted on your progress. 

BTW, you said your wife even agrees...does your wife also like pro-wrestling, football, cooking, fishing...if so, I think you may have found the perfect WOMAN!!!

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 11:19:31 AM »

That 54 Ford beside it doesn't look too shabby. See if you can buy them both Smiley  nice find on the bus. 

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
truck26

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »

You guys are great, MCI Courier 200B 1949, I'll start looking for pictures of a better looking one and post the link here.
BTW, you said your wife even agrees...does your wife also like pro-wrestling, football, cooking, fishing...if so, I think you may have found the perfect WOMAN!!!

I'll have to disappoint you a bit  Cheesy  I don't like pro-wrestling and/or football, we don't even have television. She is a professional cook and I would have to ask her about fishing, all I know is that I can go fishing whenever I want to. Nothing is perfect, but getting close is the trick  Grin
Thanks JLV, I would never have found it on my own, after surfing three hours all busses look alike and are beauties.
That 54 Ford beside it doesn't look too shabby
If you're looking for something, here are some oldies http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stovebolter_1926/my_photos Drop a note if you want more info on one of them.

I'll be back
Richard
Devin & Amy
FMCA#377731

1980 MC9 8v71 4spd man. Fulltiming family of 6

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 05:24:24 PM »

Richard,
WOW!!!
That is a beaut!
I hope you get it, and have a good time rebuilding it.
Please let us know every detail of the acquisition, the gutting, the search for parts, the refitting, and the many days spent enjoying your new love!!
Devin

Devin, Amy, and the kids!!
Happily Bussin'!!
Burgermeister

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 07:42:31 PM »

I like how the caps join at the "belt line" at the bottom edge of the windows.  Leaves opportunity to do a roof raise!  This thing was built when the average height was about 4" less than now!

Onward and Upward

Marc Bourget
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 07:47:11 PM »

Wow, ya gotta love that bus!  It will be a beautiful.  I'm guessing that Ford PU is a '56.  Wasn't that the first year with a wrap around windshield or was it '55?  Whatever, that would be my second favorite project.  Thanks for sharing the pics.
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: