Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 26, 2014, 12:06:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found my bus, but what is it?  (Read 3568 times)
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 08:19:50 PM »

Hi Dennis The grill on that old Ford gives it away Ford used it for only one year 54 I have one Smiley  53 has teeth 55 &  56 differant than 54:)

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
truck26

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 06:07:45 AM »

http://busexplorer.com/PHP/MidPage.php?id=394 That's all I found till now, but I like it, impressive front, big glasses on and a wide chrome bumper. Thank you all for the input, I'll go back and try to take some more pictures soon. The coach company is still going strong so maybe they want to help me a bit with nfo. Not that I really can use the work as I have another little project going  Grin Have a look here http://users.shockware.com/rosielle/ and hunting for parts is taking the most time.
Raising the roof? more space on the inside, I get it, but it would wreck the looks of it. I thought I could lower the floor a few inches, where you walk only and solve it like that. I have to wait until I know more, this is going to take a few years if the ammount of work doesn't seem too much. I would be stupid to wreck it further in my yard and never finish it. Then someone else better has a go at it and save it for the future.
Thanks guys, good to know that other people are as #@$# as I am  Grin
I'll be back
Richard
Burgermeister

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 09:27:14 AM »

Truck 26,

Naw,  dig a little deeper and find the "artiste" that resides within you!.

Personally,  I'd increase the height of the windows, but judicious insert of spacing would match the lines close enough to confuse all but the very knowledgeable and greatly increase it's utility to you!

Look at it as the opposite of a "chop and channel"  hotrod project!
truck26

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 09:51:27 AM »

LOL  Grin Thank you Burgermeister. I'm reading up on the subject. It might be more than I can handle financially, but I wait till I can have a better look at it. I'm four phone numbers closer to contacting the owner. It's parked in a lot, which is rented out to different companies that allow their customer to park or in this case dump their vehicle there. If they want a fortune because it's old, then I'll be looking for the next bus that touches me Smiley Or, I'll go with the 6x6 vintage army truck and build my "RV" in a trailer. I'm trying to get some response from MCI too, but on a Saturday? It might take them a while to contact me. Reading up here and on http://www.gumpydog.com/bus/index.htm I'm getting an idea of the trouble I'm getting in to if ...
Any websites you guys can advice???
Have a great weekend.
Richard
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 07:01:23 PM »

Hello truck26, and a belated welcome!

I’m kind of an “old-newbie” myself, and not too vocal here, but read everything and learn new things with every new post and thread.
A great bunch of folks here, without a doubt!

I was holding off replying until someone came up with what it actually was-

I really like your bus find, and do hope you can procure it. It sure looks tall and quite complete from the outsides.
My coach is a 47’--so being just a few years apart, we might have things in common.
Please keep a running pic-post so all can enjoy your adventure in discovering the “in’s-and-out’s of your bus resto’-

That old truck looks like a major job, but nothing a man with determination can’t do-

Good luck with both!

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 09:30:40 PM »

Hi Truck26,
Are some of those trucks in Sterling for sale?
I'm looking for parts for my 47 International KB1
and it looks as though truck11 is either a 48 or 49
Thanks...Tim

Cawston, British Columbia
truck26

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 05:48:23 AM »

Brill o I'll keep you posted if.. The track went cold, nobody phoned with the next phone number, so I might have to go there and make some noise or pursue the licence plate info. Hunting it down is also fun  Grin

Timkar He sells, but at high prices, a hobby wrecker who is going to fix it all himself. Better chances at Gary Ledene and I lost his number (the Stirling one), but I can get it back if you really need it, give me a few days and I’ll post it here.

Thank you all for your interest and help. I still have a green light from the wife, so soon .... I hope

Regards
Richard
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: