Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 08:20:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Trip to Mexico  (Read 1234 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: September 12, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »

Guys we are planning a fishing trip in late Jan and we wanted to drive from San Diego to San Lucas on hiway one,then the son will pick us up in the boat and we will fish from Mazatlan to Colmia for 2 weeks the question is there a RV park in San Lucas where you can leave a RV for a couple of weeks.
I just do not want to ride the boat from San Diego to Mazatln besides that I would get the fuel bill lol think buses use a lot fuel guess again, you guys that go down every year can you help me out

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 04:44:44 PM »

Clifford,

Try Villa Serena RV Park, between Los Cabos.

Also, there is a ferry that will take you from La Paz to Mazatlan (actually, Topolobampo), where you'd have more choices for less money.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:19:21 PM »

Can't help you on the Baja Clifford but if you decide to do as Sean suggested and travel on the mainland then that's our playground.  But I expect there are lots of storage options wherever you are.  If you befriend the guard, treat him as a friend and promise him some money when you get back then he'll watch your bus like it was his own. 

She bribed them with chocolate chip cookies and they would have done anything she asked.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »

Bob, are you and Marilyn going to be in the area if so you can go fishing with us the boat as I call it (I get corrected) has plenty of room and we would like for you and her to see it.
Boat people are strange like some of the owners of high end Prevost not liking calling their bus a motorhome you don't call it a boat,but a kitchen is a kitchen to me same as the bedrooms lol still haven't figured out the right and left thingy out yet

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 06:19:28 PM »

Got to feed the Man"s---remember if its under 9ft long its just bait(fish) Grin  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 06:38:41 PM »

Ive heard so many things about Mexico and the photos are always so beautiful! But Im scared to go without a group because of bad things Ive heard about it.

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
busdriver58

Eagles Fan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 08:23:09 PM »

Also, there is a ferry that will take you from La Paz to Mazatlan (actually, Topolobampo), where you'd have more choices for less money.

Also you can aboard the train to Cooper Canyon in Topolobampo to Chihuahua and maybe we can meet in Divisadero or Creel station

Julio
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:53:30 PM by busdriver58 » Logged

Chihuahua, MX
1969 Eagle 05 8V92/Auto &
1964 Eagle 01 8V71/Std
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 08:46:14 PM »

Also you can aboard the train to Cooper Canyon in Topolobampo to Chihuahua and maybe we can meet in Divisadero or Creel station

Julio
Julio:

I think you mean "Copper Canyon", Canyón del Cobre. How expensive is that train with the bus, and how many days does it take?

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »

I too have reservations about taking the bus down into mexico. I would like to try it sometime though.

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
busdriver58

Eagles Fan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 09:08:46 PM »

Julio:

I think you mean "Copper Canyon", Canyón del Cobre. How expensive is that train with the bus, and how many days does it take?

Hi Steve,

You are right. The price from Los Mochis (Topolobampo) to Divisadero is $907 pesos and to Creel station is $1083 pesos ($70 and $83 US) per person one way and as I know you can stop in any station for a day and continue the trip next day. About the bus I don't know if they still have the service to upload the bus n the train but if you want I can ask, they are located 10 minutes from my office, in the past I remember they do that with big groups.

You can check the prices and the full route in www.chepe.com.mx

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:10:29 PM by busdriver58 » Logged

Chihuahua, MX
1969 Eagle 05 8V92/Auto &
1964 Eagle 01 8V71/Std
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »

They no longer offer the "piggyback" train through the Copper Canyon.  Mexico prohibited it in 2007; we were on one of the first trains of the very last season it operated.  Even when it was running, though, the only way to get on it was to be on an organized caravan -- it was not open to drive-ups.

Today the caravans park in Los Mochis and ride the passenger train up to Divisadero and back, staying in a hotel.  They have someone to watch your pets in Los Mochis.

The video of that stretch of the piggyback train is in this post:
http://ourodyssey.blogspot.com/2006/10/divisidero-to-los-mochis-on-piggy-back.html

If you go through our blog from October and November of 2006 you can follow our whole 38-day caravan, including the entire train ride as well as the Baja Ferry.  There are a couple more videos, too, including loading the bus onto the train.
http://ourodyssey.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html
http://ourodyssey.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: