Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 01:31:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: resistor to convert 12v led to 24v led clearance light  (Read 4720 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »

wow bk, I can't tell them apart lol

OK OK ol man I deserved that one for all the picking on you, I been doin'.

But hey do you remember right when you, Uncle Ned, Frank & I all went to Dixie Gun Works Museum and Uncle Ned got us all in on the family price?
We were looking at old civil war era guns and I asked if you remembered any guns like the one we were looking at. And proudly replied back with out missing a beat "No I was with the Union from the north!" Remember ? ? ?
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 05:53:45 AM »

Hi BK.  I appreciate the tip for the Setra lights.  If you can't get the pictures to work, what would be really helpful is knowing if the dimensions of the Setra lights are similar to the stock MCI lights.  They seem to be an odd-ball size and the stock fitting has a big hole in the bus that has to be sealed, so the trick would be to find lights that fit well into the stock locations and seal the holes!

Thanks very much

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 07:04:06 AM »

Brian if the ones on a MCI 5C are the same as MC8's, 9's, 96A & 102A's then they fit and cover and seal the hole!

The Setra 200 Series uses the exact same light as MCI. (even has MCI part # on it!)

We have replaced all of the old lights on all but our oldest Setra with them and love them.
I have had the LED's on my first 45'er for 3 years now and not replaced 1! Sure beats replacing 2-3 bulbs every other trip or two!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 07:43:17 AM »

Try'n again
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:45:35 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 07:51:42 AM »

OK #1 & 2 are from the front the one on the right is old school incandescent lights and the one on the left are LED's
#3 & 4 are from the rear and the right is LED and the left is old school. (I know the pictures suck! I don't know if it was because the camera battery was dead and it kept shutting of on me, or if it was too dark to focus, or if it was just bad photography on my part.

The last one here is also of the back looking up under the LED's and over to the old school style.

www.kylakesidetravel.net

cody

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 08:00:52 AM »

Grin Grin  What bothered me the most is that some of the stuff thats in their museum, I still have and use.
JWallin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 08:11:09 AM »

Just order yourself a 78L12 volrage regulator from DigiKey (digikey.com) and download a data sheet, which will show you how to connect it. It will be cheaper, and you can mount it with one screw to a metal surface for heat sinking.
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 09:37:28 AM »

Just order yourself a 78L12 volrage regulator ...

78L12 has a max input voltage of 27 volts.  I don't know about you, but my regulator is set north of 28 volts.  If your regulator is set as low as 27, you are probably not getting proper charge into your batteries.

FWIW.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
JWallin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 11:20:44 AM »

Oh, the 78L12's I've been using from National Semiconductor have a maximum input voltage rating of 35V (78LXX datasheet -http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM78L05.pdf) Now this part may be a bit light on current depending on the load requirements, so the 78M12 in the same family may be an option. (datasheet - http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM341.pdf)

If the load exceed 500mA, an LM317 (adjustable)  will provide upto 1.5 amps.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: