Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 05:57:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up the bus dream  (Read 7478 times)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 05:26:19 PM »

Do you realize the "corporate" your talking about would love to have one of those just to say they have a "corporate jet" !
  BK 

That just shows Im in GOOD company with my kinda people  Wink Cheesy Grin Eat your heart out  Tongue

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 05:40:29 PM »

Ouch!!!  A couple if y'all are hitting the poor guy in his ding ding!  I say walk away from it for a while then get back at it.  I experienced the same thing when I bought my first rent house and I wanted to quit.  It took 1.5 years to completely gut it including stripping the floors, completely rewiring, all new plumbing, Sheetrock and seemingly on and on.  The only interior that remained was the studs in the entire house.  Halfway through I went outside and seriously quesion why I would take on a project like that with no help at all.  I was broken down and ready to quit.  After leaving it alone for a while I picked my arse up off the ground and told myself "one nail at a time".  

Ow fir the funny part.  My real motivation came in a different form.  My mother in law was going to rent it from us when it was completed.  She ended her lease for the time I told her I would be done.  Well I missed the deadline and she had to move in with us until I completed the house.  The moral is there ain't no motivation like having your mother in law living with you.  

OP. I say walk away amd get a fresh start in thr morning.  The only way through is to bull your way through it!!!

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »

The moral is there ain't no motivation like having your mother in law living with you.
My Mexican friends say:

Q: Why do mother-in-laws exist?
A: Because the devil cannot be everywhere at once! Grin

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »

Well, you know, a lot of states, Oklahoma included, won't let you buy your own casket from an online retailer. . you have to purchase it from a licensed funeral home. . .now why do you think that is?Huh

Actually, I joke about the whole thing, but I'm glad we convinced Larry's dad to make the arrangements now, as he is all about saving money (hence the actual question about whether we could haul their caskets in our own vehicles!?!), which relieves us of the conflict between being "cheap" and spending excess amounts of money on something that will never been seen again.  I mean. . . you pay a bunch of money for a wedding dress, and maybe your daughter could wear it some day, but you know, I'm just not sure I want to "wear" someone elses'. . . well, you get my drift, ha ha.

We did find a guy that was extremely reasonable, and then down the road, a really honest monument store, and as it was, the funeral director is the son of a pastor that DeWayne used to know, so that was kind of neat too. . considering how big OKC is, that was a nice surprise!

So, Brian, what do you think now?  Surely you wouldn't consider EVER selling your bus, as then you'd miss the companionship of lots of REALLY WIERD people like us!!!!!  Isn't that alone worth the effort?!?!?!?  tee hee, Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
cody

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 06:19:19 PM »

Now if libby would stop sneaking up on me with the ax. Roll Eyes
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »

Hello all, belfert   Grin
Your Bus is all you make of it. Some take 10 years to complete it but enjoy the ride and some enjoy the ride and take 10 years to complete it. Your Bus is your Bus! You make it your own with its own personality. Don't give up now! GET YOUR BUS TO THE NEXT RALLY. All the Best to you sir Grin
Michael & Christi Hargis

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
blank

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 03:30:14 AM »

(hence the actual question about whether we could haul their caskets in our own vehicles!?!)

The large cago bays on an intercity bus do offer some odd possibilities, but thats one I hadnt thought of.
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 03:33:47 AM »

Oh man, had't thought of that, could haul them BOTH at once!  C.

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
cody

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 04:39:11 AM »

I think I pointed something like that out several years ago, I want to be buried in my bus, it's got 3 handles on the bays on each side, now all I need are 6 really strong pallbearers.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 05:30:50 AM »

I think I pointed something like that out several years ago, I want to be buried in my bus, it's got 3 handles on the bays on each side, now all I need are 6 really strong pallbearers.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Ashes to ashes & rust to rust."  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 06:17:28 AM »

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Ashes to ashes & rust to rust."  Grin

Hey Hey Hey!  That sounds like the beginning of an Eagle crack to me Shocked

www.snakebreaker.com
cody

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19:09 AM »

Wal, it's ok, kyle has scenics, he's got enough problems now lol.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2010, 07:34:57 AM »

Wal, it's ok, kyle has scenics, he's got enough problems now lol.

Grin   Cool

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2010, 07:40:18 AM »

Whew I thought for a minute we were gonna have to have a bus throw down Grin

www.snakebreaker.com
cody

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2010, 07:42:33 AM »

Can't do that Wal, iggles don't have air bags lol.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: