Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 09:13:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up the bus dream  (Read 7442 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 08:00:34 AM »

Real Eagles don't have air bags Cheesy Grin Grin Grin ( Here we go again Grin) LOL!

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 08:01:56 AM »

I have felt that sometimes I want to give up too. But after a while I realize that it has been my dream for a long time to do this. I just didn't realize that it would take so darn long! Roll Eyes

I think a lot of us go through the same feelings. We make plans for a trip then realize there is a lot to do before we can head out. I try my best to make a list then tackle it according to priority. Sometimes things get moved up or down depending on how I feel. The list I started back in 03 has gotten longer, but I have crossed off a lot of items, then added some. You never know when you start a project how it will go, I try to double the time in my head then go for it! Grin I have kept every tablet I made notes on and there are a bunch of them. It's all fun!

Case in point. We are heading out on Sep. 29 for Durant OK for the Texas Bus Roundup (I know OK, my wife reminds me of that almost daily Roll Eyes), then to the Eagle Rally in Branson on Oct 5, then to Christy's rally on Oct 8th. A little over 1230 miles, roundtrip. I have been doing a pre trip and inspecting everything I can think of. The rally is two weeks away and I figure that we will be ready. We always try to keep the coach ready, but after it sitting for a while I check everything anyway. The birds nest I had on our camera pod is gone, little critter homes have been eliminated, 6 new tires and most important of all, tank is full of fuel!

Belfert, take some time to get done what you can then go for it! Do not let your dream die, if you do you will never know the great experiences you could have had. Get some help, as others have suggested. You will look back on this oneday and be glad you did!

Living the dream,

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2010, 08:04:19 AM »

Real Eagles don't have air bags Cheesy Grin Grin Grin ( Here we go again Grin) LOL!

Some would say "Das how we roll" Wink

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2010, 08:05:35 AM »

I have felt that sometimes I want to give up too. But after a while I realize that it has been my dream for a long time to do this. I just didn't realize that it would take so darn long! Roll Eyes

I think a lot of us go through the same feelings. We make plans for a trip then realize there is a lot to do before we can head out. I try my best to make a list then tackle it according to priority. Sometimes things get moved up or down depending on how I feel. The list I started back in 03 has gotten longer, but I have crossed off a lot of items, then added some. You never know when you start a project how it will go, I try to double the time in my head then go for it! Grin I have kept every tablet I made notes on and there are a bunch of them. It's all fun!

Case in point. We are heading out on Sep. 29 for Durant OK for the Texas Bus Roundup (I know OK, my wife reminds me of that almost daily Roll Eyes), then to the Eagle Rally in Branson on Oct 5, then to Christy's rally on Oct 8th. A little over 1230 miles, roundtrip. I have been doing a pre trip and inspecting everything I can think of. The rally is two weeks away and I figure that we will be ready. We always try to keep the coach ready, but after it sitting for a while I check everything anyway. The birds nest I had on our camera pod is gone, little critter homes have been eliminated, 6 new tires and most important of all, tank is full of fuel!

Belfert, take some time to get done what you can then go for it! Do not let your dream die, if you do you will never know the great experiences you could have had. Get some help, as others have suggested. You will look back on this oneday and be glad you did!

Living the dream,

Paul

I am with you on this one Paul!  It is living the dream.  It aint easy nor is it what we expected but it is kewl!!

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
cody

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2010, 08:08:43 AM »

I started mine in 2002, I never got to the point where the first interior was finished when libby found my stash of rosewood, now I'm neck deep into my 2nd remodel with mahogany maybe i'll get this one finished before she spots my stash of old chestnut or cherry lol.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2010, 08:21:38 AM »

Brian, there is a unwritten law when it involves buses and boats that is "WHAT CAN GO WRONG WILL" follow Jim's and Craig's advice go for it nothing has changed from last year and the trip was ok for you

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 08:27:24 AM »

Brian, I for one hope you do make it Wink Like you, we also look forward to that one trip ( Quartzsite) a year. The first year the engine gave up, the second year we finally made it, this Jan we will give it another shot, it's always a crap shoot in the final weeks. Wish I was close by to lend a hand with the wiring. Get what ever you need done to make the ol' girl operational ( safely) and hit the Road. LOL! 4 more days sheesh! piece of cake! you can do it! Go make it happen Brudda! Cheesy Good luck

Never kick a man
 when he is down Wink

Van Smiley

cody

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »

Van, I've learned that the best time to kick somebody is when they're down, I can't outrun them if they're not.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2010, 09:18:31 AM »

Grin Grin

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »

What Sonny's Eagle ain't a real Eagle?
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »

Grin Grin

NoRivets

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2010, 09:00:29 PM »

Brian,
I always set goals using an event or short trip as incentive to 'get it done by'.  It has worked for 13 years for me and still is..    We're taking off in a couple of weeks for bus vacation to Mo. and back--- I've had to get things done for the trip.

It works for me to have a deadline.

Hang in there. 

What used to be a goal of finishing has turned into a goal of refining and fixing the 'quickie' things I've done to it.   Used to go to the BCC's until I realized that each time I went, I came home wanting to REMODEL THE DAMN THING....

You can do it.

AZ
1980- RTS - 8v71N w/N-65 A-timed/ 4:10 gears
towing a Jeep Wrangler.  99.9% completed (15th Yr)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2010, 06:57:52 AM »

Donít let the perfect be the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2010, 08:03:07 AM »

Brian,

Being that we haven't weard a peep out of you since this post started I thinking either:

A. You're working your butt off on your bus

B. You got offended by some of the more agressive posts regarding your situation.

If it's A that's awesome...

If it's B, take a big breath, step away from the ledge and realize that although we don't ahow it so well sometimes, we genuinely care about your well being and your bus headaches.

Heck, it isn't like we havne't all been where you are at times.

I'm 15 minutes away with a truckload of tools if you need me.

RB

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2010, 10:36:38 AM »

Hey Brian, I hope it is that you are working on the bus too.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: