Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 05:23:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rest Area Overnite Parking  (Read 6977 times)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »

Clifford, please don't get me started about 'IdleAir' as it was/is called!
They came into being by getting cities, counties and big govment to give them money to build the giant gantries to provide heat, air conditioning and entertainment to those that would give up about $20.00 a day/night to use the service!  It did not go over well to say the least!  In fact straight into bankrupcy!  And left behind a lot of no idling laws fresh on the books that they talked cities and counties to enact.  Now some clowns have bought the carcass and hope to make it work. 
The EPA is helping to ruin this country folks!

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »

I parked at Sears Town in Key West, which up until a couple years ago didn't care if an RV stayed a few night.  At 3am, I was woke by a tow truck guy telling me I had to move.  I laughed, told him I had been drinking for 4 hours and not about to start the engine.  He said he would have to tow me.  Looking over his shoulder, I laughed, and ask,  WE THAT! Huh  He had a small, move a VW tow truck.  Told him I would be gone before Sears open the next day and wished him a good night.  Wink

Bill
Kwajalein, RMI

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2010, 04:07:20 AM »

Clifford, please don't get me started about 'IdleAir' as it was/is called!
They came into being by getting cities, counties and big govment to give them money to build the giant gantries to provide heat, air conditioning and entertainment to those that would give up about $20.00 a day/night to use the service!  It did not go over well to say the least!  In fact straight into bankrupcy!  And left behind a lot of no idling laws fresh on the books that they talked cities and counties to enact.  Now some clowns have bought the carcass and hope to make it work. 
The EPA is helping to ruin this country folks!

They were also being sued for the death of a trucker and the outright CO poisoning of his wife.  Never did hear the outcome of the lawsuit, but they both were hooked up to a Idle Aire which malfunctioned and spread CO throughout the cab of their truck.  It also really screwed up the parking where it was installed.

BCO

Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 07:18:46 AM »

Another problem with the IdleAir system is that if the previous user was a heavy smoker, you would pay $ 20.00 for privledge to know that...

Other problems listed here have killed this system. I personnally thought this was a great idea so as to offset or save the truckers fuel costs, but nada.

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: