Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 11:54:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: Which Brand Of Bus Do You Own???
Eagle - 28 (15.2%)
MCI - 59 (32.1%)
GM - 43 (23.4%)
Prevost - 24 (13%)
Dina - 2 (1.1%)
Neoplan - 4 (2.2%)
Setra - 2 (1.1%)
Flexible - 4 (2.2%)
Van Hool - 0 (0%)
Transit - 6 (3.3%)
Other - 12 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 184

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL.... Which Brand Of Bus Do You Own???  (Read 5173 times)
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 05:37:10 AM »

I listed my GMC RTS as "other" since it is actually a Suburban with highway gears.

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
NoRivets

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 05:40:34 AM »

Cliff wrote
NoRivets,

RTS is the halfbrother of GMC, You can hang with us anytime.....

Ok, sounds good.  Us RTS folks are just a little bit 'nuttttier'. Roll Eyes  But we love the bus   Grin Grin

Phil

AZ
1980- RTS - 8v71N w/N-65 A-timed/ 4:10 gears
towing a Jeep Wrangler.  99.9% completed (15th Yr)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 05:41:44 AM »

That sums it up Bob just like ice cream flavors, I like all buses but prefer the Eagles

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010, 07:42:24 AM »

I listed my GMC RTS as "other" since it is actually a Suburban with highway gears.

Geoff,

Go back and change it quick......The MCI's are starting to pull away..... Cheesy

Once they get used to being the lead dog we will never get them to the back again..... Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 07:46:32 AM »

Actually...one wonders...had it not been for the 'anti-trust litigation against GM..would they have still been making these buses?Huh

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
cody

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:51 AM »

Cliff, you're forgetting why we want the MCI's ahead of us, without them ahead of us we'd have to provide our own rust proofing lol  Grin
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 08:11:59 AM »

"The MCI's are starting to pull away..... "

Here this should get it started Grin
http://www.youtube.com/user/remie4494#p/u/5/OiFXR_gkc_Q

FWIW Of all the newer buses, I love the looks of the J4500's sleek looking style Wink
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:20:51 AM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »

Are we using Chicago rules for voting here?  Vote early and often!   Why have the iggles past the Prevosts?  Come on Prevosts!!!

Chuckd
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 09:28:08 AM »

"The MCI's are starting to pull away..... "

Here this should get it started Grin
http://www.youtube.com/user/remie4494#p/u/5/OiFXR_gkc_Q

FWIW Of all the newer buses, I love the looks of the J4500's sleek looking style Wink

SETRA S417 best looking bus on the "new" market! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 10:05:52 AM »

As far as I am concerned, it's all a matter of compromises.  I took the advice of a highly respected bus mechanic to look for an MCI.  His main points were that MCI was still in business, relatively easy to get parts for, and quite plentiful.  As of now, having a bit more experience, I see different things about different units that I like.  Unfortunately, no one brand has it all.  I do not like air bag suspension because of added complexity, the need for blocking, and another possible failure point.  Eagle is a nice way to get around that.  Monocoque construction saves weight and is elegant, but one must be informing every tire man or mechanic that comes near the coach where they can jack it up.  If your not there watching, they might just do what they see as easiest anyway.   Certainly RTS has the reputation of being a great coach to drive, but there are space issues that must be creatively negotiated.  I also prefer a 35 foot coach, which cuts into options also.

Anyway, I have a 5a now, and I hope it will continue to serve us well for a while.  If we ever decide to get another bus, there are several I would consider.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 06:00:37 PM »

As far as I am concerned, it's all a matter of compromises.   If we ever decide to get another bus, there are several I would consider.

I agree with you Lin.. I was open to most anything while I was looking and didn't have my mind set on a specific make of bus. I ended up buying an MCI because it was the best thing I found at the time for the money within a decent distance of home. I looked at both Prevost and Eagles before I purchased the MCI but both of them had issues that I didn't want to deal with.

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 08:04:26 PM »

I practically grew up on a boat in the ocean near Huntington Beach California. I used to have a dream of sailing around the world...... sure would be nice, but reality got in the way  Angry Oh well, I got a bus now instead  Grin I can definiately see me owning more then one cuz I find myself drooling over different ones a LOT!! It used to be I collected blue and white old china but my collection took up too much space (3 shelving units) lol, now I want to collect buses but I have to refrain dangit!! I sure would like to get that skyview crown I posted.... it has me drooling now. I ask you guys, is it normal for a woman to drool over a bus? Or is it that only real women drool over buses? My family and friends think I have gone over the deep end, but then I come here and the world is right lol

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Kevin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »

Drool, Baby, Drool!!!

You're just normal, that's all. Wink

"To the gov!!!"
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 06:54:47 AM »

I practically grew up on a boat in the ocean near Huntington Beach California. I used to have a dream of sailing around the world...... sure would be nice, but reality got in the way  Angry Oh well, I got a bus now instead  Grin I can definiately see me owning more then one cuz I find myself drooling over different ones a LOT!! It used to be I collected blue and white old china but my collection took up too much space (3 shelving units) lol, now I want to collect buses but I have to refrain dangit!! I sure would like to get that skyview crown I posted.... it has me drooling now. I ask you guys, is it normal for a woman to drool over a bus? Or is it that only real women drool over buses? My family and friends think I have gone over the deep end, but then I come here and the world is right lol

Teresa...NO..It is not normal for you to drool over a bus. YOU are SICK with that illness they call "Bus Fever". There is no cure and nothing any Dr. can do so you'll just have to live with it the best way you can. You might want to look into joining a support group though....Hey Wait, this is a support group... Oh Noooooo!!!!!... I'm sick tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
steve wardwell

73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »

Teresa, you'r normal like us!!!

Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: