Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 11:31:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grey Water Disposal  (Read 6822 times)
Kenny

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:08:25 AM »

Is it legal to dump grey water on top of the ground? Possibly connect to a pump / garden hose and water the grass. When on the road, is it OK in some palces and not OK in other places? Kenny

1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:41:13 AM »

Some places it is legal here in the desert the golf course close to the house uses gray water to water the course big signs on every green "DO NOT LICK YOUR BALLS" 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:53:56 AM »

Some places it is legal here in the desert the golf course close to the house uses gray water to water the course big signs on every green "DO NOT LICK YOUR BALLS"  
good luck

Oh shoot Clifford, that hurt! As I was spitting my coffee everywhere I turned my chair over laughing so hard my sides hurt! ( I was literally ROFLMAO! Wink )
Now I gotta go get a damp rag and wipe off the monitor and every thing else I soaked with coffee!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 08:03:08 AM »

On the left side I have the normal dump valves.  On the right side in front of the rear tires I have another dump with slide valve that dumps onto the ground (no hose hookup).  If I'm by a street drain, or a dirt lot, can dump the gray water.  Very handy.  This is the main reason for having a two tank system.  My 45 gal black tank goes close to two weeks before we have to dump it.  Not so with the gray tank.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 08:06:34 AM »

Man Clifford, Mom thought I lost it when I spit my coffee over the balcony lol, No towel for me though, Boo is lapping it up right now. Always made me wonder why they sold so much chap stick at the G courses!  Grin Grin

Same thing happened yesterday, when we pulled up and saw that Beautiful Blue Eagle for sale on the way to Zion Park Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 06:22:16 PM »

Don't dump anything in a Forest Service CG. You could get cited, FWIW

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 06:33:40 PM »

I intend to put both the stinky slinky type valve and a regular valve onthr new gray tank.  That way we can get rid if it anywhere.  I know in the state parks and fed parks they will get a little ticked at you fir dumping anything.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 06:40:33 PM »

Golly Clifford, I almost lost it!  Tongue

We have one tank, and have a diverter for all gray to dump on the ground. I haven't used it because we haven't had the opportunity. I do know it works though! Wink

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
longjohn

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »

good luck
Clifford i live on the third green, my lot runs right to the concrete cart path so next time i see a golfer wiping his tongue and i am cutting grass I'm blaming the crooked lines on you. Grin Grin Plus diet coke is hard to get off the key board Tongue
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:01:52 PM by longjohn » Logged

John O
Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 08:54:42 PM »

There are quite a few golf courses that use reclaimed, (treated) water from sewage treatment plants. Of course they have to be near a treatment plant to be able to do this. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »

Actually, I think all of the golf courses in the Palm Springs area use recycled water, but that does not mean you can dump untreated gray water.  I know that some dry campgrounds allow it, but you probably should ask first.  Lots of people try to use some gray water, like from the washing machine to drain onto their lawns or gardens, but it is most likely illegal in coded areas.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 02:27:08 AM »

good luck

Are you kidding me?  You are kidding me, right?  I am scratching parts of myself that I have not seen in at least five years, but licking them, well, you are kidding me, aren't you?

BCO

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 09:32:53 AM »

We installed a diverter valve for our shower. Since the shower is the largest producer of grey water, diverting it almost triples our TBD (time between dumps).  We stay quite a bit at friends and fellow busnuts places and most allow us to dump our shower water. We alway ask first.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Kenny

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »

So could one legally pull into a rest area and simply water the grass or being parked over a street storm drain simply drop a hose and let it go? How does one know when and where it is legal to do this? Or does one just be decrete about it? Kenny

1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 10:24:24 AM »

Some rest areas have rv dumps, use those. Some cities and towns are very strict about what goes into storm drains, could be big fines if caught! If in doubt don't do it, better yet just find an rv dump somewhere and never have to worry about it.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: