Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 17, 2014, 06:00:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grey Water Disposal  (Read 6155 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 10:32:43 AM »

Kenny, I have no idea where you live but I see signs in rest areas in west TX where they ask you to use the gray water for the grass.
A city owned RV park in Iraan Tx ask you do the same to keep cost down they need it 12 bucks a night for 50 amp service ,cable,water and sewer that is cheap along with being a very nice park think about it saves water
I am sure big brother in some areas would not allow it, this will start a good one but I carry a manhole lid hook with me and have just pulled the cover at W/M and dumped done it for years
I really don't accomplished much as then I need water anyway 95% of the W/Ms will let you fill if you ask the guys in the TBA section

good luck.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:41:11 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »

We have stayed at campgrounds that don't have sewer connections a couple of times where the travel trailer next to us opened their grey water valve slightly to drain on the ground. No hose to get the water away from the unit. The last time was in June. The trailer had a family of two adults and four kids so there was a lot of water going on the ground. The temperature was in the low 90s during the day and man did that grey water stink. If we encounter that situation again we will either move, or if there are no other sites available, we will leave the campground. You have to understand that the grey water in this situation did not soak away or evaporate because we had the wetest summer on record here. In the desert I wouldn't expect to have the same problem. Personally, I choose not to dump grey water anywhere other than a sewer. YMMV
Good luck, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 12:29:51 PM »

Spreading it over a large & unused area (where it can evaporate quickly or soak into the ground) might work, but if it stays wet & on the surface, the odors can be awful. There are valid reasons why it is not encouraged in crowded areas.

Discharging grey water on the ground in the campsite is nasty. Anyone who has experienced being on the down hill side understands from experience.
Far too many are inconsiderate of their fellow camper- be it a neighbor or the next guy to use the site after you leave.

I probably won't say anything about someone using a garden hose to drain it into the bushes, ditch, woods, etc.
However, I will not tolerate someone dumping their grey water in such a way that it runs thru my camp site. (I'll move or put a stop to it - or both.  Wink )

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 01:01:20 PM »

It is best to dump in an approved dump site with the fee getting higher each day I am afraid you will see more and more illegal dumping, very few rest area have dumping now because of the toxic haulers dumping there what a shame not long ever rest area in NM and Texas had dump station now only a very few and they have cameras on those.In our travels this summer we noticed some of the National and state owned campgrounds had dump stations with a 5 dollar fee all about the money they never had fees before

good luck
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:08:40 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 01:02:46 PM »

Quote from: kyle4501
I probably won't say anything about someone using a garden hose to drain it into the bushes, ditch, woods, etc.
However, I will not tolerate someone dumping their grey water in such a way that it runs thru my camp site. (I'll move or put a stop to it - or both.  Wink )

Hmm, just have yer daughter reroute it into their fresh water! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »

This is my set up to divert shower water:

I works real good and I can reach the hose to out of the way places. I just have to turn off the big red handled ball valve and turn open the small, black hose valve. It only diverts shower water. I can't say that I have ever smelled anything bad after I used it, even if I was there for awhile. Might be that it never gets stagnate before it's absorbed.

Just thought I'd share.
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »

It is relevant to remember that gray water is contaminated water.  I have heard of gray water recycling systems for homes that water the garden with buried pipes so the contaminants are not on the surface.  If you use gray water to surface irrigate some plants, at least you can justify it by saying the water is of use and will dissipate quickly.  If you just dump gray water on the ground, it creates a sewer situation, not a black water sewer, but one still well populated with bacteria, etc.  It really can be a health hazard for yourself and others.   You wouldn't want to be near a pool of hospital gray water.  Anyone's could be just as bad.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 06:25:05 PM »

we try to be considerate of our neighbors anywhere we might dump, and we have dripped grey out on long stays, like flywheeler's in florida.  you can also drip out in orlando at the fair grounds, per the rally instructions.  we have dumped in out of the way places like barnyards, but walmart's and malls we don't usually do, unless we really need to and it's raining pretty hard to wash it away.  $5 ain't much for a black dump.  flying J has signs posted for $10, which i would gladly pay if i don't fill up and needed to dump.

dumping while next to someone, or dripping heavily.  no way would i do it or tolerate it.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 06:30:04 PM »

That's why i have mine set up with a garden hose. I can let it drain in spaces where it 99.9999% of the time won't hurt anyone/anything, and possibly even help the vegetation. Just makes sense and I'm sure it is fine in most situations as long as people are respectful and "think". It's the dumb*ss's that ruin it for all.
People just need to "care".

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Ed Brenner

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 07:40:24 PM »

okay , on the lighter side sounds like a good source of water for you guys who have a engine heating problem and run a radiator mister system.

Just run a diverter valve to your pump, all the coolant you need, plus probably no tailgaters if you crank up the flow!!!! Grin

ED
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:41:55 PM by Ed Brenner » Logged

Ed Brenner
77 Eagle 05  Murrells inlet, SC
 " While We're At It " A Busnut's most costly Phrase !!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 09:50:04 PM »

okay , on the lighter side sounds like a good source of water for you guys who have a engine heating problem and run a radiator mister system.

Just run a diverter valve to your pump, all the coolant you need, plus probably no tailgaters if you crank up the flow!!!! Grin

ED

Ed,
Might sound like a good source at first, but not sure I'd want it around my radiators!
And I dang sure hope I never have to work on it after using it on a good hot day! PEE-EW Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: