Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 08:54:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives?  (Read 7170 times)
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »

I thought all the stuff at the gun shop was new.  we still us most of it.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 11:10:43 AM »

Quote from: uncle ned
I thought all the stuff at the gun shop was new.  we still us most of it.

uncle ned

Wink I remember you telling us that!

Uncle Ned, and Frank don't you guys remember "Grampa Cody" telling us he didn't remember any of those "Civil War Era" guns "because I was with the UNION, those are Confederate issue!"
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 01:53:20 PM »

I finally found out what is wrong with BK. he is a "D" yank.

LOL LOL

now i know why he talks funny

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
cody

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 01:54:41 PM »

Grin
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »

I finally found out what is wrong with BK. he is a "D" yank.

LOL LOL

now i know why he talks funny

uncle ned

Umm I think you meant "Cody" ! I'm from farther south than "most" of the members here on the "board" as I was born in PANAMA! (and I'm sure you've heard of "Panama Red" Wink The US even named a canyon after me too! Wink )
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »

Salt lake city, the Gaslight Inn, has about the best fish anywhere, I believe one kitchen services three restaurants.  In Bakersfield, Mexican go to Mexicali or for burgers happy jacks, little hole in the wall but the best burgers in town. Basque food woolgrowers, great pickled tongue.

As BK said Lambert's, there was another place that BK and his MOM and DAD took us all to that was good.( don't set next to Cody or Libby if you want to have any food left on your plate though) Nice people. I don't like the BBQ in Texas they use brisket and I like Tri-tips my self. When I was down at Southwest research institute this summer we went over to a Mexican place about 8 blocks east of the institute in the ghetto really good food and then there was a Cajun place south west out by sea world that was home cooking. If you need the names I can get  them for you.

Don
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »

Quote from: Don Fairchild
As BK said Lambert's, there was another place that BK and his MOM and DAD took us all to that was good.( don't set next to Cody or Libby if you want to have any food left on your plate though) Nice people.
Don

Don that was;
Joe's Steakhouse Union City, TN "Uptown service at outta town prices!"
3762 Ken Tenn Hwy
Union City, TN 38261-7934 
(731) 884-4220
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001140238222&v=info&ref=ts#!/profile.php?id=100001140238222&v=wall&ref=ts   (the other one that I mentioned earlier)

Actually if you will remember you got to eat there twice! That is also the place you and I finally got some lunch, late the day we were out running errands and doing service calls by cell phone! (what like 5 help calls between us in 2 hrs? Wink ) Oh yeah same place Margie works (you call her "Maggie")
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 03:53:29 PM »

I heard you was deep in the heart of Texas!  You gonna be at TBR?  How is the app project coming along, I lost your email address.

BCO

Nuts, I got it wrong again.  Sorry Clifford.

BCO
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:58:17 PM by boxcarOkie » Logged

cody

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 03:53:48 PM »

Hey, I never bothered your plate, I was the one distracting you so libby could snag the steak off it lol. Grin Grin
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »

Don, you just never ate BBQ at Coopers in Llano or Hard 8 in Brady both are open pit you pick your own meats pay for by the pound Sonja likes the 2 in thick pork chops lasts her for a week  lol, wild game when in season both have tri tip for you outsiders and brisket for us Texans along with the smoked Quail, deer sausage,beef and pork ribs hard to beat that my friend.FWIW I don't the like tri tip Ca or Az BBQ

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 04:45:07 PM »

Hi luvrbus,
What part of a beef does tri tip come from? I may know it by another name since there is nothing called tri tip in Minnesota that I am aware of.
Thanks, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »

For Chinese Jake's in Belton Texas on 6th street. No room for bus parking though.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 05:12:22 PM »

Sam,I never heard it called tri tip till I move to the west in Texas it was always a sirloin tip roast what is it called in MN.

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 06:03:38 PM »

try Choo-Choo's in Lagrange, OH.  Breakfast any way you want, lunch is good, especially if you are hungry and order a Chooburger.  the fries usually come on a separate plate because they give you so many.  and the prime rib on friday is terrific.  i think $15 for a great piece of meat, cooked and served juicy, with lots of onions and mushrooms.  you can't possibly leave hungry, but you can get homemade pie to go.

Also Whitey's diner in Fremont, Oh.  be careful when you order the eggs with sausage patty and home fries.  it's hand made patty and about a pound of great seasoned sausage, and lots of potatoes.  they're only open for breakfast and lunch, but they're liberal with great food.  Don't plan on working much for at least an hour after eating. Wink

and whitey's is just down the road from my brother's place if you need any hard to find parts machined or corrected or welded.  if you can't find a new one, he can repair or replace your broken part.  Plenty of room for boondocking buses.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

Another great spot for some ex cellant sea food is Moe's on the Oregon Coast in Lincoln City. Some of the best you'll ever eat, and I love to eat! If you like crab like I do, chow down on some Dungeness. The best tasting crab in the world!

Gosh, I miss that stuff!

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: