Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 09:10:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives?  (Read 7005 times)
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 06:48:32 PM »

Carl's Perfect Pig in White Bluff TN, not far from Nashville. Great BBQ

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
K234039

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 10:15:07 PM »

Heitmuellers at Elm Mott, Tx (no of Waco) for steaks.
White Front Cafe in Nevada, Mo. for great cheeseburgers.

Dick Olson
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 11:17:32 PM »

Sam -

Altho we call it Tri-Tip out here in CA, the "official" name is "Beef Bottom Sirloin Butt."  Seriously.

According to a local meat market, the UPC code is 0763, and he orders them using "D-4524-AH."

Got a BBQ grill?  Take one of these, season with Lawry's Seasoning Salt, Cajun spices or similar, wrap in foil and place fat-side up on the grill, preferably opposite the heat if it's a two-burner propane unit.  Cook approximately 45 minutes for a two-pounder, turning once the last 10 minutes or so.  Remove from heat and let it "rest" in the foil for five minutes.  Slice across the grain and serve.  Good on french rolls as a sandwich, or along with rice pilaf & a salad. 

You can also cook them w/o foil, basting with your favorite sauce concoction, for variation.  Still use indirect heat, tho - less prone to charring.

Yum!!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
cody

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 05:25:43 AM »

We sure ran across some strange signs in tenn, it was the first time we had heard of pulled pork, my thoughts ranged in all kinds of areas until I saw the sign offering butt rub with sauce on the side, I listened but didn't hear any banjos so I figured it was safe to continue to BK's. I've lead such a sheltered life lol.
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 06:29:39 AM »

We don;t worry about how to cook them,just let Don get ahold of them   Good eating.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 11:36:31 AM »

Hi luvrbus and RJ,
We have sirloin tip roast here but no "Beef Bottom Sirloin Butt". I like whole beef tenderloin so I'll stick with that. It takes a little trimming but you can cut it with a fork when it's cooked right. I like to eat out once in a while, but home cooking is still the best. My specialty is country style pork ribs. I cook them on the grill, using oak charcoal, for 20 minutes then put them in a roaster, cover them with my home made sauerkraut, and cover that with a liberal amount of sliced onions. I cover the roaster and bake in the oven until the meat falls off the bones (about 3 hours). Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. My wife is the real cook in our family though.
Sorry for my off topic posts, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 12:07:06 PM »

Bk why do ya think I don't drink. I cant remember my own name some times. How am I gona remember that little cuites name.

Cody, I have been told I cant find my butt with both hands more times then I can remember.

Sam.

I think I hear a bus rally half way between cal and Mn calling our names, we should have plenty of good food to eat. Ill bring the beef you bring the pork. Think we could get BK his mom & dad Uncle ned and wilma RJ Gary L  kyle cody and libby and several other people from the board to come.

Don
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 11:14:59 PM »

In old Colorado City west of Colorado Springs, CO., Breakfast is at "Mountain Shadows Restaurant" Omelets galore and they pile it on.

And I agree on the TRI-Tips. Half the price of fillets and twice the taste. We get 1 package of them at Costco bring them home cut them up and we get 6 meals for about $16.00. Try that with a Fillet.

Split stuffed Peppers.
I split Anaheim peppers in half long ways. Poor a little EVO and Worcestershire on them. Then mix up 1 block of Cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of Garlic Salt. Stuff the peppers with it and put on the grill with fresh cilantro on top of them for 20minuts on medium heat or until the under side skin starts to turn black or brown and eat them up. You can do this with any peppers!!!

Dave

Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2010, 09:52:30 AM »

In old Colorado City west of Colorado Springs, CO., Breakfast is at "Mountain Shadows Restaurant" Omelets galore and they pile it on.

I remember a place out by there but couldn't remember the name of it. If that's the place I heartily agree, good omelets!

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2010, 09:54:55 AM »

Another great place is Bubba's, in Jackson, WY

Great local hangout, with good food, generous portions, and fair prices.

On W. Broadway, between Wendy's and the Ace Hardware.

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: