Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 03:26:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird but cool  (Read 1802 times)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2010, 06:03:41 AM »

This bus was apparently a genuine vehicle built for the 1935 film 'Stolen Harmony'

Unique in design is the multiple-wheeler shown below, which was designed for a film now being made at the Paramount studios. The 36-passenger vehicle is operated by a driver who sits in a glass-enclosed crow’s nest jutting out from the 15-foot roof. The road liner has an oddly-shaped tail fin which extends high over the rear observation platform. The bus has four rear wheels and a circular vent in front in order to cool the radiator.

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 06:20:30 AM »

Wow, Jack had a band back then!  Grin
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:29:25 AM »

Was this a British bus/band?

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
cody

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 06:33:52 AM »

Yep, 1935 was just a couple of years before he retired and went on the road as a traveling elevator salesman, the reason you don't see any of his elevators around is because they were built so well that they are still traveling.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 06:57:02 AM »

Was this a British bus/band?

No, American I'm sure - but oddly enough these photos came from a magazine which had an article about the River Thames and London on the same page - see below (sorry the image is so big):

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 07:17:54 AM »

Did all his elevators go to the top?

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
cody

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:06 AM »

I'm not sure, it was way before my time but libby said they were fine elevators. Grin  Several years ago we sent out a return reply card to an elevator company for a guy that lived in a ranch style house built on a cement slab, we didn't realize that the salesman would be relentless and pursue him, the guy was bound and determined to sell him an elevator and nobody was going to discourage him, the guy finally had to agree to a home visit so the salesman could measure for the elevator installation, thats what it took to finally get rid of the salesman, took almost a year before he could end that chapter in his life, we try to help but we go unappreciated at times.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:25:43 AM by cody » Logged
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 07:27:57 AM »

Grin Grin Grin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
crown

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 07:50:28 AM »

gee i want one that would make a neat conversion and you cant loose it at a rally now where can i find one crown

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 09:49:23 AM »

I am pretty sure i caught part of that movie a couple of years ago on one of the old movie channels. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 09:55:43 AM »

Was that before or during his Fireman days? Huh

Jack you should have kept that bus! It'd be worth a fortune now days!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 10:10:29 AM »

If you put Stolen Harmony into the Google custom search box in the upper right corner you will get two hits on this. The second one is from this board in Nov of 07 where some of us discussed this before.  Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: