Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 01:18:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VS2-6  (Read 2657 times)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 09:35:11 AM »

Dwayne -

Call Luke at US Coach in NJ, he'll have that little drive gear assembly on it's way to you as soon as he gets off the phone.

1-888-262-2434, between 9-5 Eastern.

The VS2-6 is actually a pretty rugged transmission, in some ways more so than the V-730.  But it does have it's quirks, and age is definitely creeping up on it.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
LUKE at US COACH

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 10:10:26 AM »

Hi Dwayne & Folks:

The drive on your governor is usually made of Bakelite so that if it shatters it does not damage the transmission.

We have the drive and pin in stock and you can reach us toll free at: 1-888-262-2434.

I Hope this HELPS!!!

Happy & SAFE!!! Bussin' to All.

LUKE at US COACH
dwcjwerfner

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 05:52:24 AM »

Thanks everybody for their help, I really needed to get the bus going for this weekend so I had one of my customers who is a local machine shop build one out of Delran which is similar to Bakelite. It definitely was the "gear" as I took it for a drive last night and with the oil line tightened up it shifts so much smoother. I have always known there was a leak back under there but my loss of fluid was so little I just never paid it any heed. Apparently that is bad and I think I know why the gear did break as there was a bit of galling on the inside of the governer where the shaft runs through it and if that slowed down at all it would of course just snap the bakelite. My shop cleaned it all up and I am hoping I am good to go.
Also thank you to Luke for the quick response to the posting, do you have a website? I will be needing parts in the future and would like to give you some business.

Thanks
Dwayne
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: