Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 09:21:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bolivia, where a bus never just a bus.  (Read 888 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2010, 04:17:32 AM »

Every bus I rode on in Bolivia doubled as a freight  carrier.  The holds were always full of all manner of goods, from coca leaves to truck tires.  In this case the bays were full, so the coffins travelled on the roof.  I never did work out if they were occupied or not, so the bus may also have been doubling as a  hearse.   Come to think of it, it was a long bumpy ride, maybe I should have stretched out in one.

CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:26:41 AM »

Yikes!!!! I would hope that those coffins were empty. Having the sun beat down on them or a rainstorm would not do any favors to human remains. The chassis on that VOLVO looks to be quite hefty.
divinerightstrip

1990 Le Mirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:58 AM »

Wow!!! Smiley Hmmm.... now maybe I have an idea of how to make some money with ol' Urge Smiley

The Bus Girl
cody

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:42:53 AM »

I'd like to be buried in my bus too but I'm having trouble finding volunteer pallbearers to carry it.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:04:39 AM »

Lived in the Alta Plano north of La Paz for 26 months with the Aymara Indians. Those buses look like high end units compared to the stuff that came north. Those coffins were not going anywhere as "loaders" were experts in securing their loads. The real challenge is down the road when the bus gets hot and dusty and no one has showered for years! Shocked

Love to see more of these photos as I miss the place!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: