Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dream is over  (Read 4930 times)
crown

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:30:22 PM »

after weeks of bk help and me e mailing the owner calling from costa rica buying plane tickets
 planing to pick up motorhome monday morning the sob e mailed me and said he sold it i want to
thank everyone on the bcm that helped me and was hoping to meet many of you on our 30 day
vacation but that dream is over depresed crown & wife

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »

Crown,

Hate to hear that story.....I had a similar experience when I was first coach shopping.  I had actually won the coach on eBay and someone else sent the guy an email and he sold it to them.  He didn't care a hoot.

What goes around, comes around and I believe that people like that get whats coming to them eventually.

The good news is, I found the coach I have now, it was a better deal and I saw the other coach for sale a year later with a bad engine.

Sorry for you situation, it will all work out..........

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »

Sorry to hear that John!

Hope to meet you and your wife when you are able to come up next time, there will be a next time!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
crown

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 03:21:44 PM »

thanks but after 90 days of looking and many bus nuts helping us to day was just to much for me everything was planned tickets
 passports dog travel papers even the dog got grommed today we bought camping stuff and had it packed hired someone to watch
 house only thing left to do was go to airport then got to the bus rallys i guess i am ratteling on sorry thanks again john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 03:28:55 PM »

John,

Anyway to rent a Motor home?

I have got to belive the rates are better in this economy.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »

John,
As I said in the email I sent you, IT AIN'T OVER!

Ask anyone on this board when I get PO'd people hear me loud and clear! I'm going over to said SCUMBAG SOB's house on Monday and if it's still there you'll hear me cussing him all the way down in Costa Rica!  Shoot they've heard me in FL over less BS in TN! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

PS I hope he calls the cops on me, my cousin is a local sheriffs deputy and will be on duty when I plan to go over there! Wink (who ya gonna call?) 

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 04:49:36 PM »

what ya looking for? 100 miles from Louisville..know of couple s&s here for sale..how much what size?  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
crown

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »

bob have looked at all kinds from classic gmc moterhomes to the class c that i was going to get monday just needed to get away
 and was trying to go to the tbr eagle rally & christys hicks rally and meet and make friends with a bunch of bus nuts after had planes
 to visit white eagle to see tom & fran again and go see wildbob 24 and just goof off then store it and fly back for jacks rally let me
known what you saw in moterhomes john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
crown

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 05:50:27 PM »

bk thanks for all your help but dont get in trouble over this i would not buy it now for any price he can stick it where the sun dont shine
 john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »

looks like a lot around 8 grand ..93 mini winnie 27 ft class C..to much?

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
blank

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 06:20:50 PM »

Just playing Devils advocate here. Did the seller know you bought tickets and were on your way, making plans, etc..??  If they did, then they really are SOB's. If however, you had not made it 100% clear to them your intentions, that you were onyour way, then the problem is really your own, and no one else's. Curious if you made a deposit to hold it, or if they verbally told you they would hold it for you.

Even though your in Costa Rica, you may be able to make a claim against them for damages. I would imagine airline tickets to the US are quite expensive, especially if they are non-refundable. But if you didnt make a deposit, or have a verbal agreement on tape, you probably wont get very far. Sorry for the trouble.

I will say though, Bus shopping is a lot different than anything I have ever tried to buy. Sellers act like locals are going to beat their door down to buy it, hard to get them to send pics, hard to get them to give details, they ALL have a rebuilt engine without paperwork or a new clucth without same. Its really a crazy market.

I wish you luck, hope your dreasms do come true.
crown

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 06:46:19 PM »

artvonne
 if was real clear a week ago i told him i would fly up this weekend and would send him flight imfo as far as payment
 he made it very clear he wanted cash only and all at once he even emailed me yesterday [as bk told me i need a bill
of sale for plates] that he had someone to do the bill of sale and he had to find the title that it was somewhere in the
house so many e mail from last week till today plus bk went twice to his house and he had bk bisnesse card and could
call bk he was 15 miles away so yes i think all things where very clear john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
crown

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 07:12:33 PM »

update about sob just checked cragislist and tues afternoon he relisted it at a lower price and new pictures i never saw
 and i told him monday i was flying up john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »

This all does suck! Not to take up for the seller but all the out of the country scams now  days its hard to wait on a buyer. If it's not to far you need to check this place out. It has everything and they will tell you up front if any problems. http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 07:41:48 PM »

john,

i'm so sorry you keep getting burned by jerks.  i'm with BK-someone that would make a deal and then sell it out from under you at the last minute, needs his nuts in a cracker for a while.  or just cut his fingers off so he can't use craig's.

at this point, fly up anyway, rent a car, stay in a hotel, go to the bus rally.  if you stay in the nice but inexpensive hotels, you might even save money between cost of the rv and the diesel to go in it versus driving a car.

remember the real benefit of the trip.  Relax and see the countryside (and us).

by the way, i have a friend whose talking about retiring to Costa Rica in a couple years.  he'd really appreciate if you can send me any tips for him to watch out for or look for in moving to CR.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: