Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:28:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: 35' two-bedroom floorplans  (Read 1579 times)
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2010, 04:56:34 PM »

Dear friends:

I have pretty well laid out a first draft (on paper) of my floor plan for our bus. I basically have a rear bedroom, followed by the walk-through bathroom, and then a bunk-room, then the kitchen, and finally the living room area.

I would like to see what others have done and maybe improve my plan. We are considering the ability to travel with our adult kids and their spouses, and of course, the most awesome grand kids in this galaxy. Grin

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 04:00:42 AM »

My thought is that 35' is too short to have two bedrooms.  My 35' bus would not be usable if I had two bedrooms, for more than sleeping.  You have to make at least one of the sleeping areas dual purpose.  I have seen layouts (more for limo buses) that had a rear lounge area, TV's, couches, that converted to sleeping space.  Many RV's convert the dining and living room areas to sleeping with dinettes that convert (quite good for kids, actually, as long as they are still small, and you can build in a bunkbed type of idea for two levels), and the obvious fold out couch.  So my thought is to think dual purpose, and remember that after you take away the driving area, you only have 30 feet at most, and remember you have to build in well located and secure seating for every passenger, hopefully with seat belts, since it is no longer a bus.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 04:05:15 PM »

You're dreaming if you believe that you have 35' to work with. If you measured the interior from the rear bulkhead to the windshield you'd fine that you have a bit less than 30' of living space.

Do yourself a favor and go visit some RV lots who offer 30' Mobile Home or Campers and look at their floor plans and you'll find out that you're just a little bit short on length to to facilitate your dream.

Best of luck.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 04:25:24 PM »

O.K., my friends! Thanks for you input! I measured this morning, and have exactly 27 feet 10.7 inches (8.5 meters) between the front of my engine shelf to the back of the pilot's seat. So basically I have 28 feet of floor space to work with.

What I had not noticed before was my width (Well, not mine: My bubble belly is quite obvious, even on Google Earth! Grin). This bus is 102 inches wide, instead of the 96 I had assumed! So that means in the 28 feet of floor space, I have an extra 14 square feet to work with.

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »

That's a GREAT "find"!!!  6" is well.......6"!!  Cheesy
I too have a 35'er and I have to agree whole heartedly, one of the bed rooms has to be dual purpose. I also use my middle bay as a guest room. (GMC 4108 - BIG bays!) The PO set it up w/TV and mattresses for the kids. He even cut in a trap door for ingress and egress from inside. Cool feature.

Good luck!!!
Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 06:46:24 PM »

bunkhouse in rear two bed levels with both being full size beds----maybe bunk above driver area across front  like some class C raise to ceiling when not in use..then fold out couch..bedroom in one bay with trap door from inside.kids/grandkids  would love it..Bob PS was typeing same time as Chaz
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:42:32 AM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 04:22:21 AM »

I've seen toyhaulers and some shorter RV's that have the main bed set up to come down from the ceiling when needed for sleeping, and raise up when you need the space.  Thought it was a cool idea that I never wanted to try to live with, but then I follow the maxim that a bus is for 6 for drinks, 4 for dinner, and 2 for sleeping...

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: