Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:09:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Never Know on a Service Call  (Read 2410 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: September 25, 2010, 07:33:02 PM »

I made a service call today for a friend of mine to Harrah's in Laughlin on a Prevost it belonged to Willie Nelson a H-45 they ran over a piece of timber and tore off 1 tag and 1 driver brake chambers the disc brake system on that bus must be great the tag used a 16/16 and the driver used  24/24 chambers.
Had a nice 30 or 45 minute visit with Willie drink a good Lonestar Beer with him and I both being from Texas we had a lot to talk about.
I was given a guided tour of his bus this is his 3rd Prevost and no I did not smoke with him LOL the guy is in good shape for someone who will celebrate his 78th birthday in April.
He leaves Laughlin going to Valley Center Ca to Harrah's where that is I have no idea,then to WI for Farm Aid deal he is a ok dude and so is his buddy Billy Joe Shaver and that guy plays a wicked guitar with 3 fingers missing.
I left there with 6 tee shirts ,10 Cd's and 1 extra LoneStar beer lol.

good luck

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:41:06 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »

How cool is that! I'll never smoke weed with Willie again............lol. I like him, and his music. It was your lucky day.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
cody

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »

Over the years with our involvement with music, we've had the pleasure of meeting many of my musical heros, willy was one that stood tall on my list.  The sad part is that time is taking away so many of them.  Anyone that enjoys music should concider the MACC in columbus ohio each july, it's a benefit put on by darryl atkins for st judes and goes for a week, it's been a long standing tradition for us escept for the last year where libby's illness kept us home, but there is always next summer.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »

Sounds like a good service call to me and then meet Willie Nelson, how good is that!

Not many of his brand around anymore.

I'll take one of the CD's! Grin

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »

Was his bus running on bio diesel?  He is big into the biodiesel world.  I would love to he's the fat with ole Willie.  If anyone can say anything, we can all say Willie did it his way.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 08:57:45 PM »

Lol! Clifford, I know you did not partake in any (medicinal) Herbs, otherwise you wouldn't be home to til 7:30 in the am  Grin Grin. But just in case, here is a little friendly advise from some of his buddies  Grin Grin Shocked
Oops, here's the video Grin Grin Grin
Willie Nelson - Toby Keith - Scott Emerick

And just for good measure
Billy Joe Shaver - Georgia on a Fast Train (with Eddy!)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:43:54 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »

I have a picture on our dash of me and Willie at a bbq after a concert that he did on Maui about 13-14 years ago. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »

Hey Van i knowed Wille  for years, i'ed smoke, weed with him . Cowboy up,south Texas is great. Matt

Battle Mountain,NV  Molson,Wa  Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 09:55:25 PM »

Hi Matt! Wish I was there too Sad Sad Bet yer eatin good in the neighborhood now, Wink Whewww Doggie! Ican smell that Texas Beef from here Grin Grin Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »

willy and Billy! wow! billy Joe wrote almost all of the songs for Waylons Honkytonk Heroes albumn. Pretty sure he also jumped off the tallahatchie bridge at one time! I really like his music.

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 07:31:07 PM »

Yeah, it is sad that the oldies are going one by one. I have gotten to see a lot of them at the grand ol opry. It just aint the same anymore with so many of them gone. Porter Wagner was always fun, sure miss him,  and little jimmy dickens was always hilarious. Life goes on, but the newbies in country just aint the same.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 09:22:50 PM »

Ruthi, you made it sound like Little Jimmie Dickens was dead...better not tell him, he still has a few Opry shows left to do.  Turns 90 on Dec 19th.!

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 10:18:32 PM »

Ruthi, you made it sound like Little Jimmie Dickens was dead...better not tell him, he still has a few Opry shows left to do.  Turns 90 on Dec 19th.!

Jack I don't know if his house flooded or not when the rest of Nashville/Opryland did or not. But Little Jimmie has a house on the Opryland property (so he can walk to "work" from "home" and from "work" to "home" when he appears) and will have it until the day he dies. (then it becomes their property again according the contract they have with him!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 10:38:25 PM »

Yep he might get upset to find out he is croaked lol. Libby's dad played bass for many of the greats over the years so she got to meet many of them, her great uncle was the first fiddler in the hall of fame, Uncle Jimmie Thompson, that was back in the 20's that he fiddled, he had married her great aunt ella manners, libbys mom grew up in lagardo, just outside nashville, after libby and i got married in 1971, her dad took me on to play guitar with his group The Westernairs and I got to play backup for a bunch of them too, we backed so many of them over the years, we got to work with the Jordanairs a couple of times but never when they were backing elvis  When I think of libbys great uncle I'm just amazed by him, he was born in the 1840's and all he ever did was play fiddle at barn dances and other things, he traveled from town to town and just played his music, I don't think there was a fiddle tune he didn't know, when ella took him to meet doc at the oprey she thought he might actually spend an hour a day where he wasn't drinking, wrong lol, he just put his bottle on the stool next to him lol, the oprey was above a drug store back then and to hear libby's mom talk about the old times and her grand father talk about what it was like was something.  We got to meet so many of the old timers like stringbean, grampa jones, the regulars, just nice people that were doing a job.  Thanks to the internet I have a couple of her great uncles recordings, to think that he was born before the civil war and we actually can listen to him play just boggles my mind.  He died in the early 1930's, he was in his 80's I would have given libby's left kidney to have been able to sit down and talk to him about his life.  I did get to talk to so many of them tho like Charlie Waller and Mac Wiseman, eddie and martha adcock, we're still in contact with eddie and martha, all good people.  Eddie had brain surgury a year or so ago, he played his banjo thu the surgury cause he had a parkinsons like tremor developing in his hand and they wanted to make sure they got the right nerve so he played during the surgury lol, now thats kahounas lol.  Eddie has a gitoilet I built for him years ago, it's an electric guitar built around an oak toilet seat, he loves it and it goes well with his bedpan hat. lol
jok

Its a bus thing...Im glad were on board!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »

For the Little Jimmie Dickens fans.

"Grand Ole Opry Celebrates Triumphant Reopening With Blowout Concert"

"Little Jimmy Dickens, who at 89 is the oldest living member of the Opry, kicked things off by performing the standard "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" along with Paisley."

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/ourcountry/60789/grand-ole-opry-celebrates-triumphant-reopening-with-blowout-concert/

John

1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan
cody

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 01:16:42 AM »

LIbby told me the story of her waking up in the middle of the night and hearing voices coming from the kitchen, she went down and sat down next to her dad, he was talking to little jimmie dickens, her mom was fixing them both a late night breakfast, or could have been an early morning breakfast, I'm not sure, but she asked him how she could be a big star like him and he told her to stand up straight, look the people in the eye and let the music come out and to never forget that the 4 dollars that they paid to come and see her sing might have been their grocery money for that week.  She still has a recording of "Soldier Boy" that her dad taped of her and her sister singing one christmas for some friends and family that showed up for christmas dinner one year when she was a child, might have been Sherman as he passed thru but more likely was for some of her dads musical friends lol.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: