Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 08:26:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: water pump repair?  (Read 719 times)
5B Steve

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:41:34 AM »

I have a question, how (HARD/EASY)is it to repair the water pump.  I have the 8V-92N in my 76 5B. Called Luke and he sent

me the internal parts.  Does the pump have to be removed, (I know it would be easier) or can everything be repaired through

the front plate?  What the problem was I posted a few weeks back about a hose that was leaking, only to find that it was

from the back of the pump.

Steve 5B........
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 07:43:35 AM »

Steve, you can install the seal from the front,I think your wasting your time that is only a band aid call or go online and get you a complete rebuild kit for the pump it will out last your bus then that is just my way of doing it you make the call as the bus belongs to you the kits are a little over 100 bucks fwiw

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 08:20:50 AM »

Same leak here, pools up on the top of the hose above clamp. My pump works fine, but dribbles out the o-ring, possibly the pump bolts were over torqued or just plain ol failed o-ring, the complete rebuild kit will be a good investment ;)Good luck

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
5B Steve

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »

luvrbus,

Luke sent me a kit less the impeller. Can it be replaced without removing the casting?

Steve 5B.......
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 11:19:27 AM »

If he sent you the complete rebuild kit the bearings, 2 seals,insert and shaft that has to be done with the pump off,the shaft and bearing are removed from the back of the pump.      www.dieselpro.com shows the kit comes with everything their price 128 bucks

good luck
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:29:20 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: