Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 03:11:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: crowns plan b  (Read 3577 times)
crown

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 12:02:33 PM »

off to airport wish us luck hope to see busnuts soon crown

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »

How's the RV buying going?  Hope all is well!  Believe I read that the AC was an issue?   For the forseeable future, you won't need much AC...hope the heat works.   When you get back to Miami, AC might be a bit more of a factor in the creature comfort department.
If you make Palmetto Cove (highly recommended), get ready for mid 40's at night and around 70* during the days. 
Ned called and let me know that you were coming into CLT.  I live less than an hour from CLT, but spousal component pretty much pre-planned the afternoon. 
BTW, if y'all are not familiar with those slides, get some advice on locking them in place. In fact, on a complicated RV such as the pictures show, get some local info on everything...especially location of LP valves and safety, battery masters, make sure the fridge lights,  cycle the heater, pressurize the water system and watch the floor and outside when you do this if the coach hasn't been used this summer.   
Make sure that the tires are inflated to the max load specs, not dryrotted or seriously dated out, and double check the inner duals.  Get a couple of spares and mounts.   
Operate everything that you don't want to replace or repair....GENERATOR is a biggie!   
Once you verify operation of the water system, drain the freshwater tank and freshen up with RV chems or bleach. 
Check the upper interior for water stains.  They are a good indication of a leaking roof. 
If the slides are nasty around the seals, that's a good indication of damaged seals.   
Pull the awning out and make sure that it works.   Assure that it's properly retracted and locked in travel position. 
All of these things can be repaired, if the price is right.   A badly leaking roof probably isn't worth repairing...?  Depending on the construction method of the RV, repairing a leaky roof may well cost more than the coach is worth. 
Hope to meet you at Palmetto Cove. 

Happy RV'ing!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
crown

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 05:50:27 AM »

jr would of liked to meet you at the rally but it aint going to happen thanks john
 ps check my post  i cant win

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: