Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 04:59:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wynn's Diesel Clean Machine  (Read 1232 times)
Depewtee

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2010, 05:43:04 PM »

Hi All -

Does anyone have any experience with the Wynn's Diesel Clean Machine?  I called a local diesel shop (owned by a person I trust) about service on my 8V71 TA.  During our conversation he mentioned that he has a Wynn's Diesel Clean Machine and suggested I give it a try.  This was based on my statement that the PO had not done any preventative maintenance in the five years he owned the bus.  Any thoughts on using the clean machine?  See below for information from the Wynn's website.

Wynn’s® Diesel Clean Machine

The Wynn’s® Diesel Clean Machine is an extremely user-friendly machine which easily connects to the diesel fuel system in place of the normal fuel supply using one of the included adapters. Wynn’s Diesel Injector Purge (P/N 15401) is a highly concentrated and highly effective cleaning chemical specifically formulated to clean diesel fuel systems, especially the hard to remove injector and combustion chamber deposits. This product is delivered by the machine into the vehicle’s fuel system providing a Diesel Fuel System Service that will rapidly remove deposits from the diesel injectors, combustion chamber and other areas of the diesel fuel system. This service will help to restore the ultimate in power, torque, towing capability and fuel economy to the customer’s vehicle.

Wynn’s Diesel Clean Machine is a compact, lightweight, roll-around unit with very user-friendly connections and operating cycle. The unit is powered by 12V DC and has on-board tanks for both the Wynn’s Diesel Injector Purge cleaning chemical and diesel fuel. When the cleaning cycle is complete, the machine automatically switches to diesel fuel delivery to the vehicle to prevent air from entering the system.

Wynn’s Diesel Clean Machine and Diesel Injector Purge is the perfect solution for shops looking for the ultimate in a profitable, effective and user- friendly Diesel Fuel System Service.

Among the reasons for purchasing diesel powered vehicles are expectations of the ultimate in power, torque, towing capability and fuel economy. With the growing popularity of diesel engines for not only trucks, but passenger cars as well, it is becoming more important for shops to provide maintenance services designed to keep these engines performing up to the owner’s expectations.
Because of the location of the diesel injector in the extremely hot environment of the combustion chamber itself, rather than outside the combustion chamber as in a typical gasoline engine, diesel injector deposits, as a result of fuel impurities or residues, are extremely difficult to remove. Such deposits can cause less than ideal injector spray patterns, resulting in a general lack of power and performance, as well as decreased fuel economy and increased emissions. The simple addition of a diesel fuel tank treatment may not solve these problems. Many such diesel fuel tank treatments may partially address various diesel fuel deficiencies such as lack of detergency, poor low temperature properties, or low cetane number, but do not do a sufficient job of cleaning deposits from the injectors, combustion chambers and other areas of the diesel fuel system itself.

A machine that allows connection to the diesel fuel system directly, combined with a concentrated diesel fuel system cleaner with the combustion properties of diesel fuel, allowing the engine to run during the cleaning cycle, would be an ideal solution to diesel fuel system maintenance. An easy to use and effective diesel fuel system cleaning service would be the ideal solution for any shop wanting to restore the ultimate in power, torque, towing capability and fuel economy for their customers with diesel powered vehicles.

Brian S.

Brian Shonk
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida Panhandle)
1981 Prevost LeMirage Liberty Coach
1984 TMC MC-9
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »

It goes against my personal theory of operation for a Detroit Diesel which is "Fill it up and drive".

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:57:54 PM »

Waste of time and money for the old 2 stroke with the MUI injectors you can take a spray bottle and water and get the same results on a 2 stroke

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 06:27:55 PM »

As they say a little dink-o-water never hurt!  Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 05:06:30 AM »

I've spent the money on that sort of thing before because I was assured that it would fix the problem - NOT. Fortunately, it didn't seem to cause any other damage.

I'm not a fan of the liquid mechanics. Do you really want something that can't think working on your bus?  Grin
Seldom does the liquid mechanic actually work as described - then there are the unmentioned side effects . . . .

Smells like snake oil to me.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
blank

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 07:41:28 AM »

I used to see ads for "diesel purge" in a parts and accessory magazine on Mercedes I used to recieve. IMHO its not much different than radiator stop leak, transmission stop leak, muffler tape, on and on. If an engine is running right there wont be excess deposits in the combustion chamber. In a diesel, the only things that will cause deposits to form are dirty injectors, bad rings, injection timing, or possibly, from what I am beginning to learn on these 2 strokes, lugging. So yeah, the purge may remove deposits that formed and your motor will run good for a short time, but you havnt fixed anything.

The best advice anyone can follow has not changed since the engine was invented almost 160 years ago. Maintain them properly, service them well, and repair their mechanical faults adequately when they develop. So clean the injectors, set the timing, keep good clean oil in it and run it hard to clear it out. You may then want to use the purge as an adjunct to start fresh, but its still probably unnecessary.

However. I have had old and abused engines that had gummed up rings that smoked and used oil excessively, come back to run decent after flushing out the oil and lubrication system and de-gunking the rings. Whether that would work well on a 2 stroke, and whether that is even advisable on a large diesel or a 2 stroke, I cant answer. Some engines have been known to rapidly destroy themselves if excess amounts of internal deposits are suddenly turned loose to run around inside.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: