Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 08:51:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rte 97 from No Cal to Wa state  (Read 2705 times)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 07:30:25 PM »

To test your coach's performance and reliability - and your nerves, plan a trip on California 299 from the coast to Redding!  RJ - ever done that one?

Tony -

Yup, both ways.  Once in a 4905 stick, and a couple times in MCI automatics.

IMHO, no worse than SB on Hiway 1 from Monterey/Carmel to SLO, or EB on US 50 from Echo Summit down into the Lake Tahoe basin.

Just drop the gearbox into the appropriate gear and give your pecs a workout!

While in Eureka, did you by chance take in the Samoa Cookhouse?

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 09:45:33 PM »

The unfortunate side effect of that law is that in Az. and other places in the winter you get a bunch of older people from Oregon that have no clue how to pump their own fuel. I have watched them take 10 minutes just trying to figure out how to use their credit card at the pump,.....and another 10 to figure out how to use the pump.

Doug1968

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should see those from Arizona trying to figure out how to change the wiper blades.

Everything is equal fellows!

Doug

haha!!! Too bad everyone cant  be from Cally and be perfect  Grin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 08:46:20 AM »

I am from Az. and can change my wiper blades, Smiley......of course i grew up in Wa. so i have done it a time or two. Grin  Doug, most people are changing their blades in an auto parts parking lot so it doesn't matter much if it takes them awhile. On the other hand when you have 5 or 6 cars waiting in line to get gas.........

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »

It is true-if you're driving a gasoline powered vehicle, the attendent has to fill you car.  If you're driving a Diesel you may fill it yourself.  As said before, gasoline is flammable (will ignite with a spark), and Diesel is combustible (will ignite with heat).  So while Gasoline will ignite way down into the minus territory, Diesel has to be over 150 degrees before it will ignite with a spark.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: