Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 10:27:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4104 part number help please?  (Read 1319 times)
Casper4104

Ignore
« on: April 14, 2006, 02:33:25 PM »

Help!

I haven't gotten hold of the parts manual for my bus yet.  I have PD4104-3103, still equipped with the original Spicer 4 speed.

When I run her, oil accumulates on top of the transmission case and all around the area where the shifter shafts go in through the top of the case. I don't have a good feel for how much she loses per mile, but it's significant.  For a first shot, i thought I'd do the seals in the top of the transmission - does anybody have the part numbers for these seals handy?  Anybody have another theory to where the leak is?

Looking forward to your replies, thanks,

Casper4104

If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 03:02:20 PM »

Does your trans have a breather vent on top of it?
It will look similar to a drive axle breather vent.
I've had them go bad on axles, blowing out seals prematurely.
The 5 speeds in the MCI 9's I wrenched on had the breather vent on it.
I'm not familiar with your type of coach.
Hope this might help.  Cool
LUKE at US COACH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 04:26:26 PM »

HI Casper:
We have the seals in stock.  You can reach me Monday toll free at: 1-888-262-2434.

Oil laying on top of the trans. may come from the trans. or from a leak at the generator or air compressor.

Check it out a bit before you spend your money.

I Hope this HELPS!!!

Happy & SAFE!! Bussin' to ALL, and Happy Easter.

LUKE at US COACH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: