Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 03:12:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Series 60 11.1 vs 12.7  (Read 7511 times)
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 09:39:43 AM »

The tranny and engine are in exellent condition, and I will probably look to sell them after the swap. The HF64 is a ross box. It is rated for a 1400psi. pump max. They had put a 2100 psi. pump on the engine. The pump they used was speced for the 15 eagle with the TAS65 box, also a ross. I replaced the hf with a tas, and what a difference!!! The 2100 psi pump was causing the hf box to overreact in addition to the unit not being centered. I went from pucker up, and turn quickly at 55 mph, to have a glass of tea, and drive with one hand at 70 mph!! I am going to look at another 60 today, low mileage(ARENT THEY ALL!!! LOL)
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »

I had a long conversation with the tech guy at allison today. The transmission that I am looking at is a 4000mhp. He said it is basicly the same family as the b500. The mh stands for motorhome, and the p for aux. pto provision. I was baffeled by the pto?? He said some mfgr's actually use the pto for hyd fan drives etc. It is rated to the tourqe of a 60 series. I asked about the overdrives. He said that tranny is a.741 in 5th, and .641 on 6th. He said there are several ways to configure the shift, load percentage, throttle percentage, engine rpm mph, etc. He also said that I  would have to have such done by a dealer. Got to be another way? TRan. cap. is 48 qts.!!! Sounds like the overdrives could be configured, but can I afford the cost!! LOL
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 01:50:39 PM »

HD4060, 4000HS, B500 are all the same transmission.  The B500 will have a shallow pan for better ground clearance.  The programming of weather or not the transmission will be a 4, 5, or 6 speed is a programming issue.  Quite frankly-I'd just leave it a 6 spd-the transmission is not going to go into gear unless the correct speed is met-so what's the difference? Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 07:08:34 PM »

That is what the tech guy leaned toward also. That is fine, looking at Tomc's numbers it should be fine. I got a price today from DD for the needed items to connect theengine and tranny since the engine is in a st drive truck. Came to $ 991.00 with a 60 series shop manal. The manual is $ 117.00 alone. Seems a little high. Is there another source for flex plate, adapters etc.
NEO/Russ
NEO/Russ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 09:07:37 AM »

I've got a few new parts left from when I was installing one; accumulator, new shift pad, some sort of logic box, and maybe a few more things it you're interested.  PM me at barnstormer 36 at gmail dot com.  Russ

Well no longer a bus nut, but over the years I learned a lot here and still come back to see what I can apply to the conversion of my KW T2000 for hauling my Teton fifth wheeler.
blue_goose

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2010, 05:00:40 AM »

If you need the motor or transmission reprogramed give me a call and I will put you in touch with people to do it a lot cheaper than DD. 
My info is in the profile.
Jack

Data used in this document is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles. No electrons were harmed in the creation of this document.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: