Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 01:48:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i just cant win  (Read 3189 times)
crown

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2010, 03:05:53 PM »

with heavy heart i just cant win all tickets paid all papers in order pre flight check in get to airport last night bags checked
 dog papers checked bording passes all happy and set to go then a superviser says to put the dog back on scale takes back
 bording passes and said we cant fly as dog is 1 lb over the plane was only 25 % booked and he would not change mind so
 we are back home sadly now dont you think with all the abuse those scales get  they could be off a 1lb or 2 now i am out
 $ 1700 and in a nightmare have been sick since we got home i just cant win crown
 ps jack uncle ned & others have fun at rally crown

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »

You mention it was a supervisor that did it, but are there no higher managers you can contact about it?  It seems that a strong argument could be made for your point about scale accuracy.  And even if the scales are certified accurate to the ounce, then still it would seem that a higher level manager would have some room to make an exception.  Unless it is actually a govt. regulation that limits the weight.
Rick 74 MC-8

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 03:23:44 PM »

I have been following this thread and I am feel sorry for you and your family things will will get better try to think positive. Like well I just used up all my bad luck all that's left is good maybe I should play the lotto (lol) again sorry but thing have a way of working out

Rick 74 MC-8

About 20 Miles West Of Chicago
busdriver58

Eagles Fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 04:27:30 PM »

I have been following this thread and I am feel sorry for you and your family...

Me too, I sent you a PM

Chihuahua, MX
1969 Eagle 05 8V92/Auto &
1964 Eagle 01 8V71/Std
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 05:17:30 PM »

John, I CANNOT believe it!!! Cry Cry Cry

I know the feeling, but I am so sorry. Why not try again? Third time is a charm. Pull yourself together, and switch stuff around, and TRY AGAIN!

Come on, pal, you can do it! Just try again. It looks like you had a good RV. Do it again!

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »

Sometimes when it rains, it pours. I am truly sorry for all the bad luck you have had lately.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
crown

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 05:57:34 PM »

thanks all its good to have a family hear but when they would not let us fly i also missed my flight from miami atlanta atlanta charotte
 it was a 2 hour flight from heer but miami is 2 hours ahead it was two late to call deltas 800 # and tickets are non refundable i am
going to travel agent on monday to see what can be done. the superviser i think was full of bs told me if they got caught with the
dog they would shut down airline i will fight this as my dog has been on taca air before my wife told me to go and have fun and she
 would stay home with princesa but the 3 of us are family and its all of us or none of us thanks john / lidia & princessa

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
ktmossman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »

It has been 17 years since I last flew Taca.  Nice to see they haven't changed much.  I don't think I even flew Taca with checked baggage and received everything I had checked when I reached my destination.  The last time I flew Taca, I finally got my luggage after several days of waiting and EVERYTHING of value in it was gone.  Their response was "prove what you had in your luggage" and we will think about paying for it... 

Of course, it was better that Tan-Sahsa.  We used to joke that they had a "frequent survivor program."
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »

Taca needs to receive dozens of emails from all of us complaining about their terrible treatment of passengers.

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »

That really sucks!!! I have also been following the trauma for you and your family, Im sorry. Sometimes though God has things in store for us that we just could not possibly know about or plan for. Maybe there is a reason for all this.

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
blank

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 07:20:31 PM »

Divine intervention is the only thing that comes to mind, John. I would work on getting refunds and wait for a better time. Its just not meant to happen now, I wouldnt push it.
crown

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »

we allways fly lacsa / taca and its been # 1 to prove my point last trip with princessa we where waiting to bourd in miami when
  a girl came over and asked for the bourding passes i went with her to see what was wrong and she said i see you have
your dog and i am moving a few passagers so you can have the whole row of seats so you are more comferable untill last night
they have allways been great thanks john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 08:23:12 AM »

is this one of those last minute "i know you really need to get on the plane, so just cross my palm with a little look aside money" deals.  i keep hearing stories about needing a little extra cash to avoid border guard body checks, confiscated luggage and so on, at least about mexico.

sorry this happened to you again, and i can't blame you for not wanting to come without lidia.  i wouldn't want to travel without Fran either. just not the same without both of you to share.

hopefully, we'll still see you in Florida.  Maybe you should actually look for a real bus.  i think i know 2 gmc's for sales, older, but working, under $10k, make offer.  no, i'm not selling them and don't really know if they are still for sale or not.  but i can check later for you if you are interested for later trip.
check tomorrow and see if you could fly tomorrow after the travel agent straightens it all out.  maybe all is not lost completely ;-) 

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
crown

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 11:53:30 AM »

tom good to hear from you we wanted to come vist you & fran and on the look aside thing that may work in mexico but hear i would
of spent the night in jail i dont known if i told you this but before i got princessa i was in a deap depresion on meds $ spleeping pills
nothing worked someone maybe my doctor told me to get a small dog to make this short princessa saved my life and still does today
my wifes family has said what would happen to me if something were to happen to her i dont even want to think about that i found
online that if a doctor or psychiatrists writes a letter for me to have a emotional support animal or therapy dog then i can travel
with her these dogs do not need taining in fact tacas web page says then can be up to 90 lbs in cabin my old doctor moved away
but i am going to talk to another docter or any doctors / bus nuts ?? at this point not sure about fl. thanks tom / fran

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 08:46:28 PM »

Miami to Ashville... 12 hours.  By car.  Bring dog. 
Ashville to Palmetto Cove, 2 hours.  Bring dog.   '
Who needs airplanes!  Angry 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »

Miami to Ashville... 12 hours.  By car.  Bring dog. 
Ashville to Palmetto Cove, 2 hours.  Bring dog.   '
Who needs airplanes!  Angry 
JR
Unfortuantely, it is the getting to Miami from Costa Rica leg that is causing John the problem.  Those other segments he was just describing the connections that got missed as a result of the airline in Costa Rica not accepting their dog.
crown

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 01:57:28 PM »

update taca ticket can be used at latter date no fee delta can use at latter time $ 300 fee so right now i am out $ 300
 plus a good bus rally & a moterhome crown

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
crown

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 02:29:22 PM »

taca is trying to make me happy just left there office told me to pick a new date and they will up grade me & wife & dog
 to first class no cost plus went to animal service office and the boss made a note on papers to re do at no cost thats $ 50
 now delta no luck there crown

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 02:35:16 PM »

taca is trying to make me happy just left there office told me to pick a new date and they will up grade me & wife & dog
 to first class no cost plus went to animal service office and the boss made a note on papers to re do at no cost thats $ 50

That is good news!  At least once you are to Miami, if needed you can drive if you can't fly.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 04:30:42 PM »

Quote from: crown

John,
If it were me I'd make it a point to let TACA know that they not only screwed you on their flight, but DELTA's also and that until they either resolved that too or paid the $300 fee in order to reuse those tickets you will not be happy and will continue to post about the injustice on the internet!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
crown

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »

thanks mike bk i am working on it i was told to make a formal complaint in wrighting life anit easy this year thanks guys john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 05:09:59 PM »

...until they either resolved that too or paid the $300 fee in order to reuse those tickets you will not be happy and will continue to post about the injustice on the internet!

You've got to be pretty careful about threatening things like that as it is technically blackmail.

I read about a guy who'd had numerous problems with his BMW, and had created a website about it which he was trying to use as leverage to get BMW to replace his car - which was something like 10 years old, had no warrenty, and which he hadn't even bought from a BMW dealer. After a lot of grief BMW eventually pressed criminal charges against the guy for attempted blackmail.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »

freedom of speech

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 05:41:37 AM »

Careful with behavioral advice to someone who lives in another country. Advice that's legal here may not be legal there. Advice that's confrontational and borderline in the USA could actually get someone killed or jailed in some places.
crown

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 03:36:08 PM »

ok first off this is a small country and i am talking to a superviser in there main office i have her name & e mail she gave me a form
 to fill out listing all that happend i was lucky as the day i was there a guy who works for taca came to my defence and said he was
there and told her part of what happend and i am upset but keeping calm and stressing my points in a nice way  thanks john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: