Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 03:18:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: best drivers seat for long haul comfort?  (Read 8489 times)
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 09:12:49 AM »

Oh I don't have any money in it. It holds all the business cards for the service people. Grin Grin Grin
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »

I can tell you our bus has the "BALL BUSTER" model Smiley it's the most uncomfortable hunk of junk on the face of the earth.....i just can't seem to bring myself to buy another seat when i don't occupy it that much!
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »

$750 seems a little steep for an air ride seat.  I paid under $500 for mine, but one of the truck parts places in town had a special going on.  Normal at most places for the same seat was closer to $700 it seems.  An air ride seat is really something you don't want to pay shipping on.  The truck parts places get them by the pallet load.

I looked at two truck salvage yards, but any used seats were priced like gold.  They also had seats still in crashed trucks, but they had all been exposed to various amounts of snow and rain as they didn't cover the wrecks.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »

Yeah I'm sort of wondering about the need for air ride seats if you already have air suspension. I've never had the pleasure of planting my arse in an air ride seat but do you really need it? Does it really help that much?

I was told by someone that some buses have troubles with some seats including air ride. Is there a width consideration in some coaches? Maybe arm rests, lack of set back distance from pedals to rear wall or rise behind seat etc?

Lastly, I'm sure it's a dumb question but why couldn't someone just mount their already owned or favorite seat into one of these air seat suspensions or similar? Maybe a height problem or ??

http://www.buytruckstuff.com/product.asp?selcategory=16&p_gpID=208   

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 03:29:19 PM »

I had an air ride seat in my last bus, but that one had leaf spring suspension.  I do not think I need one now.  Besides, I do not want to make anything more complicated than it has to be.  I think that I would like a good, multi-adjustable, electric seat best, but I would also guess that the ergonomic research on the good semi seats would be hard to beat.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »

Bostrom tr915 at local supplier is 369$ the wide one with arm rest is 763..I haven't driven a 98 prevost (  I bought 98 as a salvage shell so don't know how it will ride)  so don't know if it rides better than the 89 prevost I'm use too. Do you think with the newer coach the ride will be good enough not to use air ride? Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 04:34:28 PM »

Bob, I can tell you that I like the air ride.   I have the factory issue Isri seat.   It need to have the cushions rebuilt already.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 04:48:17 PM »

Bob, been a while since I looked at that bus but I seem to remember it being a entertainer with the long wheel base I looked at so many I may be wrong

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »

it is a 45 Xle Entertainer..would that be a better ride?

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »

Bob, they ride petty darn good better than regular Prevost with the shorter wheel base

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2010, 05:38:30 PM »

Thanks to all will digest and make a informed decision with the tools you have provided...Bob

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: