Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 05:31:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rotella-t straight 40  (Read 5864 times)
NoRivets

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »

I just changed oil before we went on a 2450 mi vacation trip and this is the extra gal I carry with me ( I didn't need to open it  Cheesy - used about 3/8" on the stick).  Our local NAPA store ordered it for me. Took a couple of days to get.  This was about two months ago, so I think it's new stuff.  The front says 'High Performance' ( like Clifford said ).

AZ
1980- RTS - 8v71N w/N-65 A-timed/ 4:10 gears
towing a Jeep Wrangler.  99.9% completed (15th Yr)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 08:00:45 AM »

FWIW Bob the new API rating is PC-10 less than 1% ash  Exxon/Mobil has stopped using the old  API symbol and Exxon has also discontinued the 40w now it has to be bought under the Delvac name by Mobil  

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 08:11:16 AM »

Cliff, thanks. I was about to post to ask "what rating do we now look for if the CF-2 rating is gone?"

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »

Had to go have another look at the jug and turns out there's no API circle anywhere on it.  Instead it has a little panel with API CF-2 listed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:52:13 AM by bobofthenorth » Logged

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 08:55:18 AM »

Had to go have another look at the jug and turns out there's no API circle anywhere on it.  Instead it has a little panel with API CF-2 listed.

That is what I kind of thought exisiting manufacturers of CF-2 rated oil might do as long as they still had a market for it.  Put it on the packaging but not in the API ring.  The tricky issue there is that off-brands could easily put it on their label without it actually meaning anything.  So I would somewhat trust brands that already had CF-2 rated oil that now put it on the packaging apart from the API ring.  But I wouldn't trust at all a brand that previously didn't have it that suddenly did it that way.
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 02:01:23 PM »

Went back to O'Reillys and returned the O'Reilly brand of 40 wt. and ordered the last 6 cases of Delo 100 they had in stock.  We will see what happens this time.

Chuckd  The Prevost who would be short.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 02:21:24 PM »

Jack is more right than wrong. We need to find a dependable oil distributor and place our order well in advance of the need to change the oil. We live in a society where lead time must be on our side because the bean counters in the retail stores, NAPA, Advance, O'Reilly and the rest are only looking at their monthly sales and long term stocking is now out of the question.

FWIW,

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 03:32:28 PM »

Ain't that the truth Bob.  Someday when some idiot says "I could get it for you by Monday" I'm going to feed him his computer keyboard.  Drugstores don't even stock drugs anymore.  I'm on Lipitor - wouldn't that be the most common drug prescribed to middle aged men??  and Safeway has to order it in if I want more than 30 days supply.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: