Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 06:11:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timmonsville Octoberfest- What we've planned so far  (Read 11818 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2006, 02:48:39 PM »

So, I'm going to make a suggestion. . .when you guys take pics, it'd be great if you had the bus owners standing in front of their rig, holding the plaquard with their name and bus description on it, that way we can see all of our friends "in real life".  I'm going to broach this suggestion to the attendees at our rally too.  Christy Hicks

You've been bumped.

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2006, 06:25:49 PM »

Hey Dallas,

I saw yer thread (or was it originally my thread that got hijacked or something like that Huh LOL!) was dropping pretty low, so I thought I'd give ya bump up the ladder ! How many ya got registered or committed to definetly coming so far ? So far NCBob & Ross are the only ones who've recently told me fer sure they were coming, but a while back Danny told me he'd be here as it the first one close enough fer him to attend since he's gotten his coach close to being able to use it ! Like I tell everyone hey put a sleeping bag or two in it and enjoy it while ya build it! I can assure you as soon as I get one to convert thats what I'll be doing (well I might cheat an use an inflatable air mattress that we got that's almost just like sleeping on a water bed, an I'm think'n might just end up being my permenant mattress when I get a bus to use it in!  BK Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dallas

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2006, 06:48:10 PM »

Hey Dallas,

I saw yer thread (or was it originally my thread that got hijacked or something like that Huh LOL!) was dropping pretty low, so I thought I'd give ya bump up the ladder ! How many ya got registered or committed to definetly coming so far ? So far NCBob & Ross are the only ones who've recently told me fer sure they were coming, but a while back Danny told me he'd be here as it the first one close enough fer him to attend since he's gotten his coach close to being able to use it ! Like I tell everyone hey put a sleeping bag or two in it and enjoy it while ya build it! I can assure you as soon as I get one to convert thats what I'll be doing (well I might cheat an use an inflatable air mattress that we got that's almost just like sleeping on a water bed, an I'm think'n might just end up being my permenant mattress when I get a bus to use it in!  BK Grin

Hey BK!
Just a shameless theft of your post on my thread so I could post on yours and bring it to the top!

So far we've got, I think, 14 registered with about 20 more that want to come that haven't made a firm decision yet.

OK guys and gals, It's getting shy on full hookups around here, hurry and preregister to save a little money and also to make sure you get a good place to park.

Then, while your on the road, you might as well take the time to meander over to BK's in Union City, Tn. and enjoy a great get together there too! Make sure you get registered at BK's before hand also so you don't get stuck out in the mud pit.

Don't forget to check out Christy and Larry Hicks' Whoopdee-Doo in Cathage, Mo!

October is The UNOFFICIAL National Busnut Get Together Month[/i][/b]
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2006, 03:03:23 AM »

Christy,
When I took the photo's I posted on my website of the Timmonsville, SC gathering in May I used Webshots to post them.  I included on the description of each photo of all of the bus owners, their children and of coarse their special pets when they posed in front of their rigs.  I was not sure about the place cards with the information of everyone would show up very good in the photo's so after taking the photo's of each I wrote down who everyone was in a book, description of each vehicle, and all names of everyone to post on each photo of the owners and their rigs photo's, and also a (Yes or NO) on the bottom of the windshield identification card that means yes to participate in photo's inside and outside or No, they do not want any photo's presented on the WWW as they are in (Cognito) or some other reason.  This I will respect from here on out to the best of my ability on personal up close photo's in particular. 

I am in favor of the place cards put in each windshield  with the above information on them and will try to come up with one to post here similar as a guide to perhaps make or have made, nothing fance of coars, similar to the nice one that Jack Conrad posted on this thread earlier.  We need one that describes the names of owners, their home location, year  and name / model of thier conversion or rig they are in, years in progress of converting and also if they want to participate in having their personal photo's taken for all to see who they are.  I did not have the brains to ask permission of one particular couple  at Timmonsville and feel at this time I intruded into their privacy by taking and presenting photo's of their rig inside when they felt they were not ready to have any photo's taken.  In fact, I felt this way since you also posted some time ago  that there is some photo's you do not want take of you while eating etc. like that and so I appreciate you making me aware of being a little more sensitive in what I am doing here.

The descriptions in the Weshots program of my webshots allows me to fill in the information completely of each photo taken.  I will of coarse take photo's of the front of the bus with the owners there with their pets etc. and their place cards will be in place in their windshields also in the photo but I will just add the information again in the description part in case.

For my own memory I plan to take one photo not to be used by anyone but me with the owners holding a chalk bord or similar identification board to put a number on it for them to be holding so that I will refer to this number in my record book of information to refer to when making the descriptions of all in my website.  Last time use colors of the buses to keep my head straight a little and good grief there was two buses that had similar colors and also their buses were also the same kind so I had a problem there trying to keep straight.

Id of the buses at Arcadia also hopefully will be considered, perhaps a place card can be offered in each arriving package presented at the rally that we can all put the information on and put on our windshields. Some of these conversions are completely changed so that the name of the bus is not really visible if that is the correct word.  Wait till you see my Eagle when done, the only physical thing that will not be changed will be the front cap angle of the bus.  Nothing original will be recognizable on my bus and I want everyone to know she starte out being an Eagle at birth but I gave her a complete make over for sure.

Hope this will help Christy, thanks for the input, I look forward to seeing you there at Arcadia.
Gary

Gary
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2006, 12:55:25 PM »

Ok Ya'll the Deleware Bus Rally is over now it's time to plan for Dallas & Cat's  Timmonsville Octoberfest ! Chirsty & Larry's Jersey Round Up (Carthage, MO) ! & the TN Fall Bus Bash at Knuckle's ! Get yer registrations in as early as possible as it takes time & $ to get things done for all who attend to enjoy! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »

Dallas & Cat's  Timmonsville Octoberfest ! Chirsty & Larry's Jersey Round Up (Carthage, MO) ! & the TN Fall Bus Bash at Knuckle's

Maybe we should get the govment to rename October as "National Bus Month"!  Wink

Think about it!   Grin

Christy

P.S. bbbbuuuuummmmppp

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dallas

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »

Hey Christy!
National Bus Month!
Cool Idea!
after all, Every other section of the populace has it's own special month, week or day!

Timmonsville Rally Registraions are needed! The sooner the better, There are still a few 30 amp hook ups available![/b]

Get ready to head for Christy and Larry's HooRaw in Carthage Misery! Let 'em know your Coming!

Check Out BK's TN Bus Bash! In Beautiful Union City! Get your registrations in or Bob will park you in the mud![/b]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 04:00:00 PM by Dallas » Logged
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2006, 08:34:52 PM »

Yeah what he said !LOL!  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Dallas

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2006, 05:18:08 AM »

Hey everyone, I just want to remind you to get your registrations in early!

Space is filling up so if you want a 30 amp hookup, you need to register and let us know.

There's also still some 15A plug ins but those are going to have to be run on extension cords. I have a few cords, but you better bring your own.

We still have lot's of dry camping areas but considering the cost for those is the same as full hook ups, you might want to reconsider waiting!

Also, bring lots of stuff, junk, antiques, treasures and spare parts to trade during the swap meet!

One more thing, please include your camping fee with your registration fee so we can turn it in to the campground owner and keep him happy.

Jack Conrad is going to show us how to install a new door latch on Bob Weis' MC5, we are going to eat like PIGS, I guess you could say we'll be eating High on The Hog!

You can send a check or money order or cash if that's the easiest way, or simply use PayPal.

I've included a copy of the registration form here. Click on the link below, or go to my website, http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm and download it from there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: