Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 08:14:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And she says, "I need my fix"  (Read 965 times)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2006, 06:57:13 PM »

Iím feeling pretty good tonight, Cool
After falling off the roof of my bus I havenít done too much work on it.
Since the Delaware rally I started putting the rest of the floor down, but with my hip hurting I have been taking my time.
Okay,  so I came home from work feeling tired and sleepy and Sue says, ďis the bus unlocked?Ē
My answer = No, why?
Her reply = I need to get in there - I havenít had my bus fix yet today.
I have been waiting 4 years to hear that, thatís it - the whole family is involved now.
The interior is coming together so nice and quick itís unreal.
I hate to say it but it really needed that womanís touch.
The construction phase of our floor plan (that weíve stayed with since the beginning) was easy. 
Now that the basics are in place, the ďdecoratingĒ begins.....color coordinating, stain colors, wallpaper, etc.
The Delaware rally was the first time we used the bus as a family for recreational purposes.
We even had a guest with us, and it worked out just fine (except for the black eye.) Wink
It assured us that the plan we chose is going to work for our style.
Now itís just matter of putting the finishing touches on it; and Iím glad sheís involved.
Itís a good feeling when it gets to the point that the whole family is involved.

I remember a few years ago feeling really disgruntled about the whole project.  We bought a bus that had to be gutted (it was a seated coach in great shape.)  Then came all the structural work, insulating, plywooding, etc., etc.  It was getting frustrating when it wasnít moving along quick enough (since it was unusable as a motor home or a bus).  But since the actual conversion started (making it into our home on wheels), itís amazing how addicting itís become to me, and now my wife. Ednj

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 07:19:31 PM »

Ed,

That's when you know that it was ment to be.....

When Sue said thoose words!    I havenít had my bus fix yet today.

Sue,

You are now officially a Bus Nut.† † †Welcome to the Family.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 09:29:38 PM »

Hi there Ed,

That is awesome!  There will still be bumps - but now with a busnut family, you will get through them together.  Much better that way and more fun all-around. 

This should serve as encouragement to those nuts who are at the moment discouraged for similar reasons as you were.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel - and it isn't always an oncoming train!   It could be a bus -  Grin

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 09:36:23 PM »

She sounds like a keeper, Ed! †Grin

Glad to hear that you're healing up. AND that the bus is becoming an exciting project for the entire family. The bus and your travels will make memories you all can treasure forever.

Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: