Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 02:36:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4104 part number help please?  (Read 1380 times)
Casper4104

Ignore
« on: April 14, 2006, 02:33:25 PM »

Help!

I haven't gotten hold of the parts manual for my bus yet.† I have PD4104-3103, still equipped with the original Spicer 4 speed.

When I run her, oil accumulates on top of the transmission case and all around the area where the shifter shafts go in through the top of the case. I don't have a good feel for how much she loses per mile, but it's significant.† For a first shot, i thought I'd do the seals in the top of the transmission - does anybody have the part numbers for these seals handy?† Anybody have another theory to where the leak is?

Looking forward to your replies, thanks,

Casper4104

If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 03:02:20 PM »

Does your trans have a breather vent on top of it?
It will look similar to a drive axle breather vent.
I've had them go bad on axles, blowing out seals prematurely.
The 5 speeds in the MCI 9's I wrenched on had the breather vent on it.
I'm not familiar with your type of coach.
Hope this might help.† Cool
LUKE at US COACH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 04:26:26 PM »

HI Casper:
We have the seals in stock.  You can reach me Monday toll free at: 1-888-262-2434.

Oil laying on top of the trans. may come from the trans. or from a leak at the generator or air compressor.

Check it out a bit before you spend your money.

I Hope this HELPS!!!

Happy & SAFE!! Bussin' to ALL, and Happy Easter.

LUKE at US COACH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: