Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 09:19:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: update on Tracstar in motion satelite  (Read 1464 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2010, 04:38:42 AM »

My best advice is go buy a new trash can and fill it with all satelite equipment ever made then set it out on the curb.  Yes I am still in this up to my neck.  Today is my last run at satelite tv on the bus.  If it does not come through I am getting my wife and I a new set of reading glasses and be done with it.

Here is useful information that I have discovered over the last month of trying to get satelite tv on the bus.  Dealing with 2 companies that know nothing of each other is the problem.  Two Dish Network techs have come to the house and were amazed they make in motion satelite systems (anyone see where this is headed?).  To save a long story I will get to the meat.  If you plan on useing Dish then the model 322 box running 2 televisions will not work.  Your box must be model 311 or older and you have to have 2 boxes (sometimes).  Some NAS boxes will feed 1 receiver to run 2 TVs and some won't.  I could not get an explaination as to why as they said they did not know why(from Tracstar). 

SO I called Dish who sent the 322 out for free and told them both techs could not get it to work and that I wanted to exchange the 322 for 2 311s.  They say not a problem that will be $300.  I told them no and whittled them down to $50 for 1   311.  Next day they did not honor that agreeement and wanted to charge $100 for both boxes.  Of course the pissin contest started and 2 hours later my Dish contract was cut off.  I guess I showed them huh Smiley.  Not a happy wife when I got home as her SOAPnet was not working.

Today Direct TV is going to install a box in the house and activate the two boxes that originally came with the bus.  I know they are working they just need to be activated.  I installed them as they were and turned them on for grins and could see it was transferring information they just would not show a picture yet.  I guess the mesage I am trying to convey here is it might be a lot easier (as I have already been told by a lot of people) to use Direct TV for in motion satelite.  I will report back this afternoon after the tech is done.  Hopefully I will be kicking back watching the missed episode of Swords Life on the Line.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:48:10 AM by wal1809 » Logged

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 05:13:32 AM »

If it doesn't work!shudder shudder!!! we have in motion on boat and a marine tect that does our radar etc set it up in about a half hr..$50 we do tight circle in boat and it stays locked on.Direct tv    any marina close?

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 09:21:18 AM »

The 311 will not work no matter what they tell you. The in motion is capable of tracking one sattellite at a tiime only!! I am using two 211vip boxes. These are for hd but I don't have hd as the quality of in motion is not worth it. The sat. has two imputs, rf1, and rf2. Rf1 is your primary. What you watch on rf1 will determine what you watch on  the second tv. In otherwords, if you are watching programing on rf1 fron sat 110, then you can only view programs from sat 110 on the second set. There are switches available to switch which set is rf1. I just put my front set on rf1. When I go to bed I either watch what is available or switch the front set to a didfferent sat. I tried the 322 for wks, even tried to reprogram sat just won't woark. Hope this helps.
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 09:25:14 AM »

Forgot the most important. All the info. I listed is based on my two month pissing match with Dish network. I would have changed to direct, but I have dn in the house and the xtra boxes are only $ 5.00 per month. I'm sure direct has someting close, and their equipment works better with in motion I have been told.
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 02:47:42 PM »

i have a brand new in motion kvh and it works fine on directv. it comes with a special box that will only work with kvh  it puts everything needed into one rg6 coax,it took all of 10 min to install. $1400

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 09:46:50 PM »

Wahoooooooo!  Finally got it.  Had an installer come out today at 5 and left the house at 11:30.  Great guy who has one answer for every snag he ran into, and I quote "I can figure this out".  He had the bus up and running in less than an hour.  The house was a different story.  I wish be would have come out a years ago.

www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »

The 311 will not work no matter what they tell you. The in motion is capable of tracking one sattellite at a tiime only!! I am using two 211vip boxes. These are for hd but I don't have hd as the quality of in motion is not worth it. The sat. has two imputs, rf1, and rf2. Rf1 is your primary. What you watch on rf1 will determine what you watch on  the second tv. In otherwords, if you are watching programing on rf1 fron sat 110, then you can only view programs from sat 110 on the second set. There are switches available to switch which set is rf1. I just put my front set on rf1. When I go to bed I either watch what is available or switch the front set to a didfferent sat. I tried the 322 for wks, even tried to reprogram sat just won't woark. Hope this helps.

with Dish your right it can only get one at a time.  We checked it after it was up and running and we get all channels on both televisions at one time.  I believe that is what the NAS box is for.

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: