Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 20, 2018, 04:38:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floorplans  (Read 1226 times)
Joe Camper

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2010, 05:15:57 AM »

Those of you building your own I thought Vantari had a good idea when they built this bus.

Thought I would share it.

http://prevostmotorhomes.ning.com/forum/topics/smart-floor-plan

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:41:03 AM by Joe Camper » Logged

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 05:38:05 AM »

Joe , thanks for sharing. For those who don't know Joe he is completely rebuilding a mid 80's factory Prevost. by Marathon) Like Joe I do look at what the high end converters do and decide if I like it.Some I don't ;but some of their ideas make me think.    Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 05:55:14 AM »

Bob ours is a Hickox not a Marathon.

They along with a long list of other decent converters have gone by the wayside.

Mr Hickox only converted a handful of buses in the mid-80's I believe mostly Prevo but I have seen an MCI they converted from new.

I have been and will continue to look for other Hickox ouners up to now I have found none.

During a conversation with Phil Cooper, a dealer, a while back, he actually knows the man and gave me his# and I got to speek with Mr. Hickox at length.

It was an all electric coach years before many other high end converters were still sporting propane fridges. Auto start and auto switch gear for the inverter and on and on a few years before Liberty or Marathon.

He ordered the shell with OTR A/C and  long range fuel tanks and raised roof all the right stuff, factory paint and if you are into Prevo nobody paints them better than the factory.  I digress

Robert we are alot alike in some ways. I want to copy the nicest I can afford and konw I can get done myself.

Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 06:02:50 AM »

Bob I was helping a friend with a 04 XLII DS. We had to pull the dinette out of the slide. The entire back corner the wallpanels too The wires going around the bend down low were snagging as the slide went in and out. Had the lights over the couch shorting, couldnt shut them off.

I had a mind to take the wall panels while they were out and make templates out of them for possible future referance.

A superior conversion they do mostly entertainer stuff the entire interior is modular and convertable to a great degree .

niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 11:01:53 PM »

My Vantare has the exact same panel in the same place - FWIW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print