Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 12:19:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awning Fabric For A&E 8300  (Read 3487 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:31:22 AM »

Who has the best price for the fabric 12.5 ft x 8 ft I have looked at CW and PPL their after market fabric is junk

thanks and good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »

Tom's rv

Brandon Florida

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »

Gambler's rv in Quartzsite has many colors and sizes, in vinyl and acrylic.  Last year a friend paid $100 for a 14x8 fabric.  they will also cut to any size you need.  I plan on having them install an awning on the bus this winter, if funds permit.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »

Thanks guys but I am looking for the Sunbrella fabric does anyone make a Sunbrella cover for A&E

good luck

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 06:47:49 PM »

I just typed Sunbrella into the ebay search bar and got 4249 hits.  A lot of them look to be remnants but some of them are larger pieces and you might be able to get a local phone contact off some of them.  Or maybe Sonja could use one of those sewing machines to piece some of the remnants together.   Roll Eyes

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 02:41:45 AM »

I used to buy huge quantities of acrylic canvas, which is what Sunbrella is (Sunbrella is just one brand - there are other manufacturers producing exactly the same product). Since an awning is (presumably) just a flat piece of cloth with hemmed edges, I would just buy some cloth off the roll, and get someone to sew the edges for you. In fact, one of the big advantages of acrylic canvas over a PVC product for example, is the fact that it can be sewn quite easily on a domestic sewing machine.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 03:00:26 AM »

Hi Clif,

I found that my Dometic OEM prices are a bit less then the dealers.

If you want to call me with the prod# we will check it out.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Iver

1979 MCI-9

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 12:16:59 AM »

Sunbrella fabric comes in 46", 60" and 80" wide with the stripe material being typically 46".

The only thing a little more difficult to sew with a domestic sewing machine is the extruded or roped hem at the top and at the bottom
which are fitted into the track and the roller.

FWIW,  Iver.

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
"Life may not be the party we hoped for,
But while we are here we might as well dance".
crown

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 08:35:25 AM »

luvrbus this is toms rv online e bay ad # 250258692587 he has all sizes for $ 95.00 he is a good guy am sure he can help you
 or any other bus nut  crown

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »

Thanks guys I checked with the guy in FL he wanted 470 bucks plus 60 bucks shipping for the cover in a Sunbrella type fabric I can buy the Sunbrella fabric with UV protection in Vegas for 12 bucks a yard 60 inches wide little over 100 bucks for the fabric and thread.  
I will have my wife make a cover she has a commercial machine in her fleet probably will cost me 1000 bucks in the long haul lol

good luck
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:03:17 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 05:43:14 PM »

Luvrbus, I'm looking for Sunbrella fabric. Where in Vegas are you getting that price? Where I am the cost is 32/yd for the 60 in stuff.

Thanks

Fred
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 06:08:51 PM »

Fred, Galaxy Foam  702-382-8563 there is another place about 1 mile from there but I forget the name but will look it up for you they have everything for upholstery work with wholesale prices my wife's favorite store.  
Fwiw Vegas has a bunch of wholesale commercial fabric stores you can find anything there at good prices even the exotic leathers or ultra leather you name it they have it, here is the other place Fred Santa Barbra Supply 702-457-6100 he has the best prices of anyone in Vegas

good luck
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:59:46 AM by luvrbus » Logged

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »

$72 for fabric and another sewing machine for wife.$10,072.00..know the pain    Bob Grin  just kidding  My wife has same hobby or passion..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:52:18 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 07:08:22 PM »

Your not kidding Bob LOL I was just thinking about some type software she will want for a 1000 bucks you will have to add a few bucks to the  10,072.00 for the new Bernina this funny 2 guys talking sewing machines but I  never knew a sewing machine could cost that much money.
Never again will I say ok when she says a new sewing machine would be a nice birthday present I could have bought another bus for the price of that thing  lol

good luck
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:34:27 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 12:29:13 AM »

My Mother is heavily into sewing (used to teach it in fact), and she has all those expensive machines with the thousands of programmes for doing all sorts of fancy stitches. Unfortunately, as I found out to my cost one day, those modern machines can be all show and no go - I borrowed one of her machines once (in fact I'm certain it was a Bernina), and managed to strip the teeth off one of the drive gears inside. Turned out the gear wasn't even metal - it was moulded out of plastic. A replacement had to be special-ordered from Italy at great expense.

I used to make lots of boat covers (hence buying acrylic canvas), sewing them with a succession of old cast-iron Singer machines bought for 10-20 each from local junk shops. The mechanics of old machines like that are totally unbreakable, but after a lot of abuse I would eventually blow up the speed controllers for the electric motors on the machines, and have to go buy another one. All together, over several years of making hundreds of covers, my total cost for the Singers was probably less than that single drive gear on the Bernina.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 04:52:31 AM »

Jeremy,the way I look at being married to her for over 40 years the cost of the 830 Bernina was less than 30 bucks a years pretty cheap  investment for what I got over 40 years ago.
She has one of the older Singer she doesn't use it much as she has a Pfaff  commercial machine, I think it would be a slow death if you tried to use her 830 to sew boat sails with it lol 

good luck

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 06:23:45 AM »

Clifford,lol I own an older Bernina if you want to use it  Grin Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 06:28:09 AM »

No thanks Van I know where that one came from LOL these guys would not believe the machines shes owns but you have saw her sewing room, thanks to you and your mom she has 2 less and that was hard for her to give those up

good luck
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:31:22 AM by luvrbus » Logged

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 06:43:02 AM »

I know this has turned into a chat..but have you ever tried to get a button sew on or pants hemmed?  That's their world! She does great work on bus interior so It is a family pride thing to us. Priceless!!

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 06:53:47 AM »

It is their world Bob but these machine amaze me with the technology of today put a botton on the screen it measures the botton will size and make a botton hole and sew that baby on the fabric truly amazing

good luck

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: