Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 04:17:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Sattelite tv ?  (Read 893 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2010, 10:31:54 AM »

I thought I would start this so as not to steal Wayne s thread. Last time we subscribed to DTV was almost 6 years ago and we had bought our own box's, 2-standard RCA box's model DRD430RG, and 1-Hughes Platinum HD box model HIRD-E8. My question to those in the know is, Can we still activate these for use in the bus? I really don't want to have to start renting new boxes from DTV if I can avoid it. I think some one said that our HD box would not work any more but the standard boxes would. any help would greatly be appreciated. we currently have cable with internet and could not get satellite at the time we moved into our current location because of the BS HOA restrictions, but can now. Thank you Smiley

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:15:15 AM »

The boxes you have should work. We had an old one a while back, and when we went to activate it, they said they would send us a new card for it, and we had to send the old one back to them. It sucks that now they own the units.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »

Thanks Ruthi, Here are some pics of the units

I noticed just now that the High Def box only has the RGA connections and no HDMI connects.
 We really are not to concerned about having High Definition, as we are about just being able to regular Tv in the coach.

Quote-It sucks that now they own the units.

Did I read right that once they sent you a new card that now they own the box? Now I'm confused Huh
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:36:57 AM by van » Logged

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 12:01:21 PM »

We are using a box we purchased many years ago in our bus. I am guessing it is at least 8 years old. It is a Hughes and still works fine. As you mentioned, of course, we don't receive HD with this receiver.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 12:17:27 PM »

Thanks Jack, we will have to to the DTV folks before the Quartzsite rally, Mamma loves her tv Grin I could go on watching the same DVD's forever though as I always fall asleep any way when I watch tv Grin thanks bunches. if any one needs an extra box I will post it in the Spare Tire Area, I only need one of them critters any way. thanks again guys Wink Smiley

Van

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: