Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 01:14:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics  (Read 4011 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2006, 05:30:31 AM »

Brill-0, based on Nick's reply, you can unlock your project and let everyone enjoy the fruits of your labor.  Smiley
Richard

Hello Rihard, Phil,

Non members Can view posts. However, they can Not view member profiles or make posts themselves.

Hope this helps
Nick-

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2006, 09:35:28 AM »

Brill-0- Just went through all the picts, I can say that the bus looks remarkably good considering the years of neglect.  Course they don't build anything that heavy duty anymore.  Was impressed with the behind dash picts of all the braided lines with brass fittings and some brass lines.  Most all is plastic now.  It's great that you've been able to look beyond the bad paint and dirt for this project.  Am quite amazed you got the engine running.  I thought the radiator was in front, but looks like it is angled right in front of the engine-am I right?  The underneath is going to need a serious steam cleaning.  I assume you are going to be taking everything apart and rebuilding it to safe standards?  I know some things are unique, but one I would suggest is to deactivate the parking brake and install Maxi brakes.  Those driveline parking brakes aren't worth much except to hold the bus in place-let alone trying to stop in an emergency. 
This reminds me of when I got my bus and took it apart how dirty it was-and it had been in active service.  Yours is a whole other story.  As a suggestion- you could do a full conversion, but do what I did and screw with metal bracket everything, then you can just take it apart again if you want to change it back into an antique bus in original condition.
Hope all goes well and keep us up with the picts and updates periodically.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: